X360 Remote
Apologies in advance if there is a post somewhere about this but I couldn't find anything,

I have found a lot of tutorials on using your iPod touch / iPhone as your remote, but does anyone know if the XBOX 360 Media Center remote works with the 2.5ghz 15" MBP's built in infrared sensor?

Thanks
Ajax355 Wrote:Apologies in advance if there is a post somewhere about this but I couldn't find anything,

I have found a lot of tutorials on using your iPod touch / iPhone as your remote, but does anyone know if the XBOX 360 Media Center remote works with the 2.5ghz 15" MBP's built in infrared sensor?

Thanks

No, the Apple IR receivers on real OSX boxes will only understand the Apple IR remote.
Is it possible to plug in an MCE "puck" and use that as the IR reciever (my Mac Mini gets *terrible* reception)?
rcs1000 Wrote:Is it possible to plug in an MCE "puck" and use that as the IR reciever (my Mac Mini gets *terrible* reception)?

yes, if someone wants to write an MS MCE USB IR controller EventClient to works under OSX. Baring that no but you might use google to search for OSX IR controllers.
Thanks for all of the helpful comments!Smile I will probably just go grab an apple remote I suppose.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
X360 Remote0