XBMC on Macbook -> UPnP to PS3?
Exclamation 
OK, so far, I love XBMC. It looks great and works excellently. I am trying to get the UPnP server feature to work. So far, it is being recognized by my ps3, and when I try to play a MP4 file (that I know works with the PS3, through a trial version of TwonkyMedia), it says "This content cannot be played (80028808)". Also, when I try to play an .avi divx file, it opens and plays, but I constantly get this error in the upper right hand corner: "Network Error 80710736". I'm guessing that it is getting like a network time out or something. The only problem with all of this is that none of it happens with TwonkyMedia at all. I am hoping to stick with XBMC for my UPnP stuff, so any ideasHuh??
any ideas at allHuh
borovy3488 Wrote:any ideas at allHuh

pastebin the xbmc.log file
am i retarded? for the life of me, I cannot find this file. i have tried everything. Even in the how to section, i searched in /var/tmp, and it wasn't there.

How can I find it?
borovy3488 Wrote:am i retarded? for the life of me, I cannot find this file. i have tried everything. Even in the how to section, i searched in /var/tmp, and it wasn't there.

How can I find it?

Forum search works well for finding the location of things like this Smile

~Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Thanks for the help, bud. I couldn't find it for the life of me! and i did search for it and everything. Just out of curiosity, what thread was it?

Here's the Log.

Thanks for your help.
borovy3488 Wrote:OK, so far, I love XBMC. It looks great and works excellently. I am trying to get the UPnP server feature to work. So far, it is being recognized by my ps3, and when I try to play a MP4 file (that I know works with the PS3, through a trial version of TwonkyMedia), it says "This content cannot be played (80028808)". Also, when I try to play an .avi divx file, it opens and plays, but I constantly get this error in the upper right hand corner: "Network Error 80710736". I'm guessing that it is getting like a network time out or something. The only problem with all of this is that none of it happens with TwonkyMedia at all. I am hoping to stick with XBMC for my UPnP stuff, so any ideasHuh??

ok, now that we can see the logs, we have two issues to deal with.

1) "I try to play a MP4 file (that I know works with the PS3, through a trial version of TwonkyMedia), it says "This content cannot be played (80028808)"."

2) "when I try to play an .avi divx file, it opens and plays, but I constantly get this error in the upper right hand corner: "Network Error 80710736"."

I don't see 1) in the log. It would be nice to know the name too so we can try and match it in the log.

The only avi mentioned in the xbmc.log is "/Users/Wayne/Movies/Cocaine Cowboys.avi". Is that 2).

Lets get simple and take things one at a time. The file xbmc.log is cleaned each time xbmc is run.

Start XBMC, play your MP4 file, then quit. pastebin the xbmc.log.

Start XBMC, play your avi file, then quit. pastebin the xbmc.log.

don't do anything but play the files or it makes the logs confusing.
i will do that in the morning.

I thought that I played both of them on that log. Does it show up in the log even if i only play it on the PS3? Just making sure we have things straight here.

Thanks again,
Wayne

And yes, #2 is Cocaine Cowboys (great doc by the way)
borovy3488 Wrote:i will do that in the morning.

I thought that I played both of them on that log. Does it show up in the log even if i only play it on the PS3? Just making sure we have things straight here.

"Does it show up in the log even if i only play it on the PS3?", maybe you better say more about exactly what you are doing and how xbmc enters into the mix.
borovy3488 Wrote:I am trying to get the UPnP server feature to work. So far, it is being recognized by my ps3, and when I try to play a MP4 file (that I know works with the PS3, through a trial version of TwonkyMedia), it says "This content cannot be played (80028808)". Also, when I try to play an .avi divx file, it opens and plays, but I constantly get this error in the upper right hand corner: "Network Error 80710736". I'm guessing that it is getting like a network time out or something. The only problem with all of this is that none of it happens with TwonkyMedia at all. I am hoping to stick with XBMC for my UPnP stuff, so any ideasHuh??

When I say that I am trying to play the file, it means that I am trying to play the file on the ps3 through XBMC's UPnP server feature. Does that show up in the logHuh
borovy3488 Wrote:When I say that I am trying to play the file, it means that I am trying to play the file on the ps3 through XBMC's UPnP server feature. Does that show up in the logHuh

maybe, never tried that particular contortion Smile
OK, here's the new log. All i did was open XBMC, attempt to stream Cocaine Cowboys.avi to the PS3, and it played, but i got the network error. Then I tried to play Trading Places 720p.mp4 on the PS3, and it said that "This content cannot be played."

Thanks for all your help,
Wayne
borovy3488 Wrote:OK, here's the new log. All i did was open XBMC, attempt to stream Cocaine Cowboys.avi to the PS3, and it played, but i got the network error. Then I tried to play Trading Places 720p.mp4 on the PS3, and it said that "This content cannot be played."

xbmc.log has no information other than upnp server was started. Not sure what to recommend next. You might search the other forum sections regarding the upnp server.

Sorry I was not able to help, I don't have a PS3 nor run xbmc as a upnp server so it's not possible for me to duplicate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Macbook -> UPnP to PS3?0