Intel Drivers, Tearing / Jittery in Video Playback
I'm just posting this here for anyone that searches for it in the future.

Anyone with onboard VGA from Intel (inc all the 900, 3000 and 4000 chipsets) will likely experience tearing and Vsync issues in both Linux and Windows versions.

Horizontal pans will likely cause tearing and it is a problem with Intels drivers not XBMC in my experience. I've tried both OS versions on latest drivers and get the same thing.

Theres lots of online info about this on the Ubuntu side of things and its a known problem that driver developers are working on but isn't fixed yet. On the Windows side, well thats not developed openly so who knows.

Hopefully that will answer some peoples questions.
HexusOdy Wrote:I'm just posting this here for anyone that searches for it in the future.

Anyone with onboard VGA from Intel (inc all the 900, 3000 and 4000 chipsets) will likely experience tearing and Vsync issues in both Linux and Windows versions.

Horizontal pans will likely cause tearing and it is a problem with Intels drivers not XBMC in my experience.

Wrong, it is a problem with Atlantis Final not the Intel drivers. Go back to Atlantis Beta 2 and the problems go away. The XBMC devs should spend their time trying to find out what was broken in Atlantis Final instead of trying to shift the blame to Intel.
No it doesn't, I've tried Beta 2 and same thing for me. I understand for a small proportion of people they have experienced a change since Beta 2 but it doesn't take away from the fact there there is definately a problem with Intel drivers for all people with Intel VGA.
I take it back. I thought I had tried Beta 2 but obviously not.

I just installed Beta 2 and not a hint of tearing. I have a clip I have used for testing that has always been particularly bad and first time on Beta 2 it was smooth as silk.

So I was wrong, the Intel drivers might not be the best but there is definately something that has been broken in XBMC that can be fixed.
Yah I just built a system with the Intel DG45FC, I've noticed this problem as well. It's not HORRIBLE, I notice it but I haven't really watched any action movies or anything with lots of these horizontal pans.

It's definately annoying, I hope a fix is released soon. I also hope they fix the strange issue where all video is UNWATCHABLE in XBMC, very choppy and slow unless you have some sort of USB drive plugged in.
Try uninstalling the latest version and install Beta 2, see how that goes for you. Only takes about 10 minutes to try. FIxed my problems.
Is this problem Vista and XP? I'm considering upgrading to Vista and seeing how that runs.
Alot of people have reported that Vista solves the problem with Aero turned on (as it enables EVR).

But it would be a useful test for everyone if you could try Beta 2 first. Its also the easiest option as it takes 10 minutes and in reality you will notice nothing on the front end thats different to 8.10.
What about the latest unofficial builds?
cold_realms Wrote:What about the latest unofficial builds?

I've tried all them too, in fact Ive only ever used SVN build from Kricker, Ikons and Jester but the problem is always there even in the very latest builds.

I believe after 16025 it breaks something as Ive heard others say thats as far as they got before the problem started.
Maybe I'm blind, but I can't see a link to the beta 2 version on the XBMC download page. Could someone direct me to a link?
http://ovh.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforg...Beta_2.exe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Drivers, Tearing / Jittery in Video Playback0