38hz refresh rate in fullscreen ?????
Can anyone help me ?
I have nvidia 8300 integrated videocard. I installed a minimum system with intrepid alternate cd without gnome just for htpc purpose.

All working fine except system info in xbmc shows 37-38 hz refresh rate whatever mode i set in settings. I am using a 40 inch samsung full hd lcd.

I tried a lot of modline settings in xorg.conf, disabled dynamictwinview with no success. I think installing gnome could solve the problem, but i don't want to install it because i don' t need it.
What resolution you outputing to tv?
1920x1080 60hz (native)
Ok, try setting the res in xbmc settings, appearance, screen to 1080i, confirm then reboot. So far this is the only way i have found to solve the problem, you may need to reconfigure video calibration. Btw i'm using onboard 7100, i figure its the same problem.

cheers
You think reboot has any effect ?
Well, yeah or restart x.
Did you make sure to disable DynamicTwinView as well?
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Yes i did. This way at least the available refresh rates show correct in xbmc setup. The problem is that evenif xbmc tries to change it it stays at 37-38hz.

Strange is that this setup works with gnome installed.
Not sure then... Any adverse effects? Or just the display pissing you off?

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Yes, it's obvious that playback is full of judder as the Tv dows not get frames in sync.

Dy you know how xbmc sets refresh rate in opengl ? Where does it get the modline from ?
Make sure to set vsync to Always Enabled in XBMC itself.

My xorg.conf section looks like this:

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Device0"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth 24
Option "TwinView" "0"
Option "metamodes" "1920x1080_60 +0+0; nvidia-auto-select +0+0"
Option "TripleBuffer" "True"
Option "NoLogo" "True"
Option "DynamicTwinView" "False"
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
EndSubSection
EndSection

If i set Vsync on i get 30Hz always. It is not going any higher.

As you saw Big Grin in the Live section i get the same result in the Live version.
Wait, what is wrong with 30? 30 should be fine I believe.

Also, what are your full system specs?

30 is no go to me. I would like to use the auto adjust refresh rate function as i have a lot of PAL and Cinema (24fps) stuff. So i have to change from 50 to 24 from time to time. None of that is working...
Enabling triplebuffer will get you around 47hz with vsync enabled, good enough to play most content smooth. However if you have hi-res 1080p content with resolution greater than 1920x816 you will get frame drops and stuttering. Like i said setting xbmc to 1080i and restarting x is the only solution i have found.

cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
38hz refresh rate in fullscreen ?????0