DVI > HDMI + Audio woes
Before we go any further i have searched the forums high and low and also played with audio settings in xbmc
Okay here is the situation, (long time xbox xbmc user/fan here so not a total noob)
Running an old Athlon XP 2500+
PCchips M848A board with on board sound (analog)
GeForce 6600LE with DVI out using DVI to HDMI converter cable to my tv
using the onboard sound with a Y connector to just get 2.1 audio until i can buy a card with optical out on it. And like many of the users on the forums when i watch something in SD it works and plays 100% but when i watch anything HD i get no audio, went ahead and tested the same file in WMP and i get audio. Now i know the dvi cable can carry audio but obviously not from a straight video card so my question is, what do i do to get audio when watching an hd video? What are my options or do I have to wait til i can purchase the sound card with optical out? I do have an old sound card (als4000 or some crap) would using that help? I also have a sound blaster Xfi basic (I dont have the breakout box and i only see standard jacks on the back of that) on my pc upstairs that i can use if there is something i can do to get the sound to work

Sorry for the wall of text but can anyone help me out here?

Thanks
Carlos
xbmc for life =)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVI > HDMI + Audio woes0