music library album art question?
so when im either in file view or library when i select my songs all of the album covers are the same. i dont know how to get this to change. thanks
Please supply far more information about your file structure and how your files are tagged and so on and so forth.

It's likely that you have a rogue folder.jpg, or have files without artist and album tags floating around all in one directory.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ya sorry if it sounds like a noob question i just dont really know anything about the music part of xbmc.

basically my mps are organized like this.

artist - name

theres my music folder, and inside of it there are tons of songs, mostly random songs with many different artists, some the same. they are simply arranged by the artist name.

then also inside my music folder is my albums folder which is broken down into seperate folders with different albums in their own folders.
The problem is likely that XBMC cannot decide whether or not all the songs in your music folder are from a single album or not (eg because the tags aren't complete) and it's erroneously cached a cover image as the cover for all of those songs.

If you have correctly tagged songs, then the filesystem layout doesn't really matter much.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:The problem is likely that XBMC cannot decide whether or not all the songs in your music folder are from a single album or not (eg because the tags aren't complete) and it's erroneously cached a cover image as the cover for all of those songs.

If you have correctly tagged songs, then the filesystem layout doesn't really matter much.

Cheers,
Jonathan

J, on a related question...

What, exactly, do you mean by tagged correctly? Embedded fanart in each file, or the proper album name tagged in the file? I tried fixing all my music a while ago, but still didn't have a lot of luck getting the library to work properly as far as coverart is concerned...
digitalhigh Wrote:J, on a related question...

What, exactly, do you mean by tagged correctly? Embedded fanart in each file, or the proper album name tagged in the file? I tried fixing all my music a while ago, but still didn't have a lot of luck getting the library to work properly as far as coverart is concerned...

ya i was wondering the same thing? what is the proper format and is it the id3 tag that needs to be changed or what im confused?
All XBMC needs to uniquely determine an album for coverart purposes is the album and albumartist (or artist if that field suits) is in the tag.

If the cover art is in the tag then it'll take it out and use it as the coverart. Similarly, if a folder.jpg is available (or whatever other images that are checked for as album art) then it'll use that.

If no cover art is available then it'll grab it from the web when you ask it to.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan, how can I set XBMC to download cover art from the web for my movies and music?

Cheers,
Cybeh
cybeh Wrote:Hi Jonathan, how can I set XBMC to download cover art from the web for my movies and music?

Cheers,
Cybeh

For movies, do a forum search for "IMDB Scraper".

Music...I use a program called Album Cover Art Downloader. Not XBMC, but it saves everything in the tags so XBMC can read it. Big Grin
Cybeh
Movies:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38964
Music:
It should get cover art from allmusic automatically.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
music library album art question?0