Library plugin support - Ability for plugins to add plugins index to library database
jonnyapps Wrote:I can successfully scan individual files to the library if I right click them once I'm deep enough in iPlayer so it's at least possible in principle is it not?

Bad idea since the IPlayer contents are only available for 7 days. What you can do is switch on library mode and navigate through "video plugins" into the IPlayer plugin. This at least gives you easy on screen access to the episode plot text.
-----------------------------------------
BBC IPlayer[url=http://drop.io/xbmcdink][/url] Plugin
I've managed to manually scan video content from the TV Shack plugin to my library, which I'm very happy about. However I can't correctly update its info with IMDB data etc.

When I click Movie Info I get a string of numbers and letters e9009e90r898111 etc. as the title name. Changing the name manually doesn't seem to stick. Is there any way around this so I can get thumbnail and info on the file in my library?
I'm putting this under Feature Suggestions, because it SEEMS it's not supposed to work. Forgive me if it's just my example that fails.

With the release of Camelot I got back into really playing around with XBMC rather then just using it day to day. I finally got interested in using some of the plugins & the wonderful library mode.

What I'd like to be able to do is combine the two features.

Example: I found the MythBusters video plugin & love it! I'd like to be able to scan the content of this plugin into my library so I can see details of each episode & use the same UI mode as all my other TVShows. The epesodes seem to have the right data (if in the wrong format) to present season & episode numbers. But when I tried this, well, XBMC just hung on scanning the virtual directory representing the plugin.

From the behavior I'm guessing that the scrapers don't have the same access to the plugin's virtual file system as they do to normal files? Is there a way that this could be done, even if it would require tweaks to the plugins to present the sXXeXX 'file' names?

-Rupert
I'm interested in this as well. I was looking to get it working with the Revision3 plugin.
This would be amazing! Or be able to choose certain TV Shows to add to the library, and the online sources would appear with your local content Big Grin
I love my Mac Mini :;):
Lightbulb 
I don't know if this is possible or how in depth it's been discussed, but I did search for it and wasn't able to find anything. Perhaps there is a keyword in there that's slipping my mind, but I was unable to get good results.

I've been using BlueCop's video plugins for the past few weeks and I'd have to say they're incredible. While I can see reasons why XBMC doesn't put them in their official repository, I can only hope that they become a staple for all XBMC users. They play so smoothly and personally, I think they're better than what Boxee offers seeing as how they, like any video in XBMC, support subtitles and seem to have all the FF/Rewind/Pause/Skip controls running really smooth.

The only caveat for me and the only real reason I haven't dropped WMC and Boxee and am just using XBMC exclusively is the fact that I can't take all of the great content in BlueCop's plugins and index them in my media library with fan art and meta data and what have you. I don't know if it's possible and I don't know how or if the functionality is just not there, but I think it should definitely be there and/or easier to find. I also recognize that the content is always changing, but regardless, with a regular scan interval I don't think it should be a big issue and I do believe a lot of the content is listed with more than enough info for a good scraper to identify what the content is.

So, I guess my question or request or what have you is... can we get XBMC to index content from any video plugin? I am a software developer by profession, but I really don't have enough time to contribute to a project of this size and I'd really hate to look into all of this for my own personal build. So, if anyone agrees that this would be good, please speak up... if anyone has any ideas on how to do this already than speak even louder. There is so much web-based content out there these days that I'm reluctant to start a local library of content that is freely available on the internet. Looking ahead, I personally think that XBMC needs to jump on the bandwagon if bringing this internet TV into it's interface more cleanly but definitely more open and customizable than Boxee currently is. It looks like all or most of the bricks are there, it's just throwin' in the mortar and plopping them together.
Lightbulb 
In version 9.11 it was possible to add a video add-on in library mode. It was possible to scrape the add-on with a chosen scraper. In this way I had the Southpark Addon in my TV Shows. Versions of xbmc after that was stripped of this possibility. Is it possible to add it again so as to experiment with this option with some of the video/music add-ons?
I think that it would be a possibility just to set provides in addon.xml so the plugin will be shown in the library instead.

for example could BlueCop South Park plugin have <provides>tvshow</provides> instead and in that way you would se south park in tvshows instead of in video add-ons.

just a thought!

cheers
c_bb
hi

boxee has the feature that it can insert tvshows from hulu in to it's tvshow library!! maby it is bossible to have look into how boxee does it?

cheers
c_bb
+1
Hi

I found out how to do it. Go into video-addons select south park plugin, in the context menu select "tv show information". choose the right tv show and it will start importing the shows to your library!!

it dosn't work for all plugins though!!

cheers
c_bb
hi

another thing, i changed the addon.xml

change this line
<addon id="plugin.video.southpark.studios"

to
<addon id="plugin.video.southpark"

and the "tv show information" comes up in the context menu!!

cheers
c_bb
hi

forget the whole thing about renaming, what you have to do is in video files mode select add source and then type in the name of the plugin manual.

e.x. plugin://plugin.video.south.park.studios

it would be nice if plugins was listed in the add source list by standerd, wil this be added in a later version? in other words, thas is my feature request.

cheers
c_bb
+1
I created a 3rd party program that does exactly what this requested. Also angrycamel is now contributing to the project: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=98210
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library plugin support - Ability for plugins to add plugins index to library database1