• 2(current)
[MOD] Xbox friendly version of MediaStream v1.00
would also love to get ahold of this but download is unavailable
I think Paul withdrew the files due to a small bug in them. He is patching them up and afak will be rereleasing soon...
ashlartowers Wrote:I think Paul withdrew the files due to a small bug in them. He is patching them up and afak will be rereleasing soon...

Quite right there was a problem with one of the files which stopped it from working. MediastreamV1_lite(default textures) and mimimalko's mediastreammod_lite(default textures) Have been available since saturday the link at the top of the post is a direct link to my personal share folder on mediafire but here it is again http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=cfea3...a10b605538
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Both links work now. when I followed the original this morning there were no files available. Must have been a mediafire issue
Good i thought they were ok as i tested them before i postedSmile
Hey paul great job man!!!!!! this version has really helped out my xbox alot, now memory is around 20 - 24% free instead of 15 and below. and cpu usage is is now mainly around 60 - 70% usage and not mainly maxed out. now if i can get my music scraper working instead of that 400 network error, or a better music scraper then my set up is perfect Smile
Till All Are One!!!!!
Your welcome Aucard can't help ya with the scraper issue as i no sod all about them.
but at least yer xbox is running better nowWink
Thanks for the efforts in this update as I have had lots of trouble with this skin on my Xbox but I do love it.

Does anyone know why for whatever reason a lot of videos don't like to play when I have this skin turned on? Am I missing an obvious setting?

I am using the Mediastream 1.0 from the link in this thread, and still most of my videos won't play (DVD ISO files for example). It just selects and stays at the interface, eventually I get the "too many failed attempts" popup.

However, when I reboot and switch to the Project Mayhem skins, either of them, everything plays without fail.

Is there a setting I am missing to get this skin to work and play video reliably on my Xbox?

Thanks for any help, I really wanna use Mediastream and not PM3!

B
BDPNA Wrote:Thanks for the efforts in this update as I have had lots of trouble with this skin on my Xbox but I do love it.

Does anyone know why for whatever reason a lot of videos don't like to play when I have this skin turned on? Am I missing an obvious setting?

I am using the Mediastream 1.0 from the link in this thread, and still most of my videos won't play (DVD ISO files for example). It just selects and stays at the interface, eventually I get the "too many failed attempts" popup.

However, when I reboot and switch to the Project Mayhem skins, either of them, everything plays without fail.

Is there a setting I am missing to get this skin to work and play video reliably on my Xbox?

Thanks for any help, I really wanna use Mediastream and not PM3!

B
sounds like you still have memory issues after reebooting how much ram have you got available? in my oppinion you need to have at least 32mb. is it all iso's or just some.
I use DVD decrypter to make my iso files it also rips out all that unneeded crap they put in.
Thanks Paul I was wondering about the memory. I'll do a fresh reboot, but when I looked at it after crashes I think it was around 17 MB. Not nearly enough.

What features can I turn off that will free up some memory? I'd really like to keep the Fanart on as that's the reason I use this theme to begin with.

Which version linked from the top of this thread uses less memory, the 1.0 or the 2.1 Mod? I already downloaded the light Textures.xpr and replaced that.

Thanks.
BDPNA Wrote:Thanks Paul I was wondering about the memory. I'll do a fresh reboot, but when I looked at it after crashes I think it was around 17 MB. Not nearly enough.

What features can I turn off that will free up some memory? I'd really like to keep the Fanart on as that's the reason I use this theme to begin with.

Which version linked from the top of this thread uses less memory, the 1.0 or the 2.1 Mod? I already downloaded the light Textures.xpr and replaced that.

Thanks.
Use version1 as it uses slightley less ram than the other, you can also reduce the size of all your fanart down to either 960x540 or even 720x405 though i have no problems using either skin
Thanks again Paul, I'll try a fresh reboot with the version 1. I am also using the latest SVN, not sure if that makes any difference. Just trying to figure out how I could be soaking up so much RAM. I think the current version I installed was your Version 1, with the lighter default textures.xpr subsituted in.

The install is fresh. I do have the clock and weather showing on the home screen (I can try disabling). Maybe that is the difference. Or maybe it's due to the fact I have a pretty large video library.

I just keep thinking there is something more obvious I am missing, like a setting I can crank down.

This is an older RPTV I am using, so it does not do 720p. Only 1080i. Thus I have xbmc set to 1080i. I have seen that cited as a potential memory suck in some other threads. However, since I can't do 720p I don't think dropping down to 480i is an acceptable solution for me, I'd rather have the upscaled video play than a nicer interface at the end of the day. I spend more time watching the video than I do in the interface so I'd hate to lose that.

What's your free memory at after a reboot?

Thanks for the work you put into this.
Yep - Looks like it's 1080i. I took it down to 480p for the interface and my memory almost doubled on the Xbox. 1080i interface soaks up a LOT of CPU. Yikes. 480p looks bloody awful on my old Pioneer RPTV, despite it being an HDTV and 16:9 it just isn't looking right, all blurry and scanlines and all. With no 720p option it looks like I am stuck with PM3 HD skin in 1080i. Which at least works (barely enough RAM leftover I guess, around 20/64 or so compared to Mediastream's 14/64).

If anyone has somehow made 1080i and Mediastream play well together on and Xbox I'm all ears.

Just more ammo to get rid of that dinosaur and get a new TV I guess. It's a 64" tho -- If only plasmas of that size would come down in price...
I doubt mediastream/ xbox combination will ever work correctly on tv's running that kinda resolution but i may be wrong. that's my oppinion for what it's worth
You are probably right. I really just need to get a new 720p capable TV. Just waiting for price drops on the larger screens. A drop from 65 inches of screen down to 50 would be just too painful right now. Smile

Thanks Paul. I learned something. Never realized what a memory suck that 1080i was.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Xbox friendly version of MediaStream v1.001