[REQUEST] A RSS reader/parser
..that is able to display more than the headline - as a script or plugin inside xbmc.

as most rss feeds already use xml to store information, it should'nt be too hard to create a reader that can display full (text) contents for given feeds, is it?

it's nice to have those headlines of custom rss-feeds scrolling through the home window, but some of them get my attention and i want to read more - which until today means get up and jump to my pc.

reading the feeds inside xbmc would be lovely! Nod
cheers,azido :;):
Im not sure about reading, but Navi-X has great rss support.
stacked Wrote:Im not sure about reading, but Navi-X has great rss support.

yes, it opens rss feeds, but it displays headlines only, too. clicking on a line brings a "loading.." dialog, but nothing happens - and i get a message from xbmc that playlist has been stopped since too many entries can't be displayed.
Hello,

Try with multiRSS
What's up Azido, I'm pretty sure I just answered your question... contact [email protected] for questions and help with Navi-X Media Browser functionality. http://www.navi-x.org
iRoNBiLL Wrote:What's up Azido, I'm pretty sure I just answered your question... contact [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL] for questions and help with Navi-X Media Browser functionality. www.navi-x.org

i tried navi-x, but unfortunately it's rss-feed-capability is designed for video feeds and not for text-feeds, where it still only shows the headlines.

i must admit i didn't contact rodejo16 yet because of my own findings.

i still see no rss-feed reader for xbmc where i can display more than just the headlines (or multimedia content).
From my understanding there is not a script or plugin out that parses html and text correctly from RSS. If you can convince Rodejo to work on it, that would be awesome! Shoot him and e-mail and see what he says. Good luck.
jpoveda Wrote:Hello,

Try with multiRSS

azido Wrote:i tried navi-x, but unfortunately it's rss-feed-capability is designed for video feeds and not for text-feeds, where it still only shows the headlines.

i must admit i didn't contact rodejo16 yet because of my own findings.

i still see no rss-feed reader for xbmc where i can display more than just the headlines (or multimedia content).

did you try multiRSS as jpoveda suggested?
isobsr Wrote:did you try multiRSS as jpoveda suggested?

nope, not yet - since i only found a plugin for wordpress that is called multiRSS.

can you point me to the correct one?
I was looking for one too, but now I don't really need it anymore.

http://members.cox.net/ltek/MultiRSS_1.6.zip

Two things that could be improved: the description part doesn't scroll, and the HTML tags aren't stripped.
isobsr Wrote:I was looking for one too, but now I don't really need it anymore.

http://members.cox.net/ltek/MultiRSS_1.6.zip

Two things that could be improved: the description part doesn't scroll, and the HTML tags aren't stripped.

Other than the two problems you noted this would be perfect for the jobSad
i using GoggleReader plugin for RSS
Hello,

Give me and email address and i'll send you my mod. Take note you must modify script file with your preferences and as isobsr said description doesn't scroll (usually it's not a problem with regular rss, just fail with large data description).
jpoveda Wrote:Hello,

Give me and email address and i'll send you my mod. Take note you must modify script file with your preferences and as isobsr said description doesn't scroll (usually it's not a problem with regular rss, just fail with large data description).

hi, here is my email [email protected], could you send me that mod? or upload version 1.6 of MultiRSS?

thanks in advance

Regards

PD: sorry for my english!
queeup Wrote:i using GoggleReader plugin for RSS

googlereader would be exactly what i want - if it would be supporting my own list of rss feeds instead of only the ones from google.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] A RSS reader/parser0