New user, very impressed but with a few questions
I have been using Meedio for 4 1/2 years now, last week I decided to try out xbmc, put it on my htpc and really used it and played around with it for the last week (usually I just try a different front end for a few hours then give up Big Grin)

I ended up very impressed with xbmc. Most of the little problems I have run into I was able to work out. Of course there a few things I think Meedio does a little better, but there are somethings xbmc does better, and a few things I wish they both could do or do a little better, but nothing is perfect Wink After reading about xbmc the one thing I was a bit concerned with was the video quality, but I have been quite happy with the SD and HD quality. In fact I can scrub through the video much better then any other player I have used.

So thanks to xbmc team for all their efforts!

A few questions though;

1) For the music library I checked the setting to ignore artists that appear only on compilations, but it does not seems to work. All my music is tagged very well. Compilations are stored on my hard under various artists, then the album name. Does anyone have any thoughts?

2) Kinda of a silly thing, but, is there a way to pause music playback if you are not in the full screen mode?

3) I had noticed in some DVD movies that I had really bad jaggies. I had deinterlacing set to auto, turned it to none and it looked great. I was curious if auto should ignore movies flagged as progressive? The movies might not have been flagged right of course. Not a big deal, but if set to none I have to turn deinterlacing on if I watch something interlaced. Would be nice to set it to auto and ignore it, if that is possible.

Thanks for any help, and I am really enjoying the program.
1) Do the compilation songs have "Various Artists" in the Album Artist field?

2) You don't see the mini OSD?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Videos_Navig...ck_Options
It should be on default in PM3.HD which is the default Windows skin.
What control method btw? remote should work regardless.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks for the reply sho,

1) Yes the album artist on my compilations are all set as Various artists. If you are saying they should be tagged that way, I did tag them with J River Media Center, maybe their artist tag is non-standard. I forgot to mention they are all .ape files if that matters.

2) I did not notice until I switched over to the horizon theme. I am using a remote with a USB Uirt and LM Remote software to send key commands to the application. I have spacebar mapped to the pause button, and that jumps me to playing now and back. Is there another keypress that would work?

Thanks for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New user, very impressed but with a few questions0