Help with a 16:10 display?
I've been struggling for a couple of days not to try and find a workaround for this, so I've finally decided to just ask.

Is there any way I can tell xbmc to, essentially render the skin at 1440x810 with 45 pixel black bars on top and bottom? As it is, Aeon's only coded to run at 16:9, and so it's just being stretched vertically to fit 1440x900, which I find rather irritating (especially knowing how good Aeon could look).

I do have some knowledge in coding so I could probably look through the xbmc knowledge base and edit all of the Aeon xml's accordingly, but I've been hoping to find an easier way before I devote the time into making a 16:10 version of Aeon.

Thanks in advance Smile.
I'm not quite sure if this is helpful in your case (dependent on which platform you're using Aeon on, the settings allowed might be different)

But as far as I know, you should be able to set the skin to 16:9 and manually use the screen calibration tool to modify it so it doesn't stretch badly. Effectively ending up with black bars up, and down. At least this works on Xbox-Aeon. But seeing as that is the only platform I've used Aeon on so far I can't be sure that it works on for instance Windows or Mac.

Other than that, you actually might have to modify the entire skin. the gfx are as I understand it designed for 720p and upwards. And that's just one of the problems you would have to face, if so.
So far, I've been able to set all of the backgrounds to scale the image and crop off the edges rather than stretch, and I've corrected the size of showcase and poster views unfocused thumbnails, but I can't seem to get the focused thumbnails to display us-stretched.

Could anyone give me a hand finding the right place to modify in the right xml? What I did to get the other thumbnails displaying correctly was basically just shrunk them vertically by twice the amount they're being stretched by; so the thumbnails are being stretched back to the proper size when xbmc stretches the 16:9 skin.

edit: Ok, I think I may have this almost figured out. It's the animations for the focused thumbnails that are keeping them stretched.

By the way, if I get a mostly glitch-free 16:10 version of Aeon working, would anyone be interested in me posting the modded xml's?
I've fixed List/Showcase/Poster views thumbnail stretching, but I'm having a bit of a harder time with the reflections in the showcase and poster views. As of now, they're too far away from the bottom of the thumbnails.

edit: Well, I've been figuring things out faster than I expected; I think I should be able to fix the reflections now, it's just a matter of finding all the right lines to modify.
i use aeon on my 16:10 display .. never noticed it was "off"
If you do finish this (maybe you're finished now), I for one would be interested in the modified files. The gui stretching I can live with, the thumbnail stretching I can't. Confused
I would also be interested in modified files because I use XBMC also on my laptop.
Sure thing. I've fixed the posters for the showcase, poster, and list views. This did break the wall view, but I never used that one anyway.

There are still a couple of glitches, but for the most part I'm happy with it. Anyway, I'd rather not put too much effort into perfecting this until Stark's out.

I've included all the xml's in one zip file, so just rename your 720p folder within the Aeon skin folder to something like "720p_BAK", and replace it with the zipped folder.

Hope you enjoy.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ad56x8
http://rapidshare.com/files/184093361/Ae...0.zip.html
This is excellent. Big Grin Thank you, thank you, thank you. I never used Wall view either.
Thank you so much for this.
natew Wrote:Sure thing. I've fixed the posters for the showcase, poster, and list views. This did break the wall view, but I never used that one anyway.

There are still a couple of glitches, but for the most part I'm happy with it. Anyway, I'd rather not put too much effort into perfecting this until Stark's out.

I've included all the xml's in one zip file, so just rename your 720p folder within the Aeon skin folder to something like "720p_BAK", and replace it with the zipped folder.

Hope you enjoy.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ad56x8
http://rapidshare.com/files/184093361/Ae...0.zip.html
Natew, the links that you posted are dead now and I have the same problem. Actually, the theme looks good for me. Posters is the problem since they appear stretched out.

My screen is 16:10 and I don't know how to fix it. I'm using Aeon as well.

Could you please tell how did you fix it or, if possible, upload your files again?

Thanks a lot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with a 16:10 display?0