Time to update libCDIO?, any takers?
Sad 
fyi, got this mail from r. bernstein (creator of the cd input and control library, which xbmc uses to read cdda, iso9660 & iso/img/nrg images):
Quote:from: [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email] on behalf of r. bernstein
sent: 19 june 2004 20:33
to: [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
subject: [xbmc-developers] xmbc and libcdio in better sync

i just came across xmbc. seems very cool and interesting and i am delighted that an xbox driver and x-box cd-detection were added.

the libcdio sources used though seem a bit old and unmaintained. version 0.62 is over 6 months old. 0.68 is the current version and 0.69 i hope will be released soon.

i've gone over changes to libcdio and patched current libcdio sources where there was an outright lint-like bug or where the patching could be done in a clean way. an example of the latter:

#ifndef _xbox
#include <unistd.h>
#endif

becomes

#ifndef have_unistd_h  
#include <unistd.h>
#endif

(have_unistd_h is defined in config.h)

i've also taken the x-box filesystem detection xiso and added that to current libcdio cvs's cd-info. some of the other changes such as changing strdup() to _strdup() or adding s_isblk() and s_ischr() macro definitions would probably be better put in a common header (e.g. xbox.h) rather than changing the multiple lines of code in the multiple files as currently happens in xmbc.

by making the two pieces of code more similar i think both projects could benefit.
would it be a good idea to implement the latest libcdio changes and bug-fixes into xbmc (after xbmc 1.0 final been released that is)?, any takers?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thumbs Up 
fyi, bobbin007 (ported libcdio to xbmp/xbmc) has offered to co-work with rocky (creator of libcdio) on updating libcdio and libcdio in xbmc
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
(gamester17 @ june 30 2004,13:39 Wrote:fyi, bobbin007 (ported libcdio to xbmp/xbmc) has offered to co-work with rocky (creator of libcdio) on updating libcdio and libcdio in xbmc
great news :o

after all he is prolly the best suited for the task as he did the initial port :kickass:
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
Exclamation 
bumping as bobbin007 was waiting until xbmc 1.1.0 was out. in addition mog submitted an updated version (0.70) of libcdio here (link)
i've a problem trying to compile latest xbmc with the libcdio update. i get lots of compiling errors like this:

libcdio\sector.h(239) : error c2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'cdio_lsn_to_lba'

xbmc compiled fine before the libcdio update.

any idea?
yeah, i'm having the same problem. libcdio is generating lots of errors at compile time.
yes, there are problems, just sync up the xbmc\xbmc\lib\libcdio to a date of 10/20/04 using your cvs client.

at least until this is resolved.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

i've reverted libcdio to the previous version for now.

xbmc should compile again.

greets

bobbin007

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Time to update libCDIO?, any takers?0