no videos
I installed XBMC on ATV 2.2 today. Everything is fine except it is not listing any of the videos that are stored on the ATV!
Videos are showing and playing fine through the ATV menu, but don't show up through XBMC.
Do I have to add the videos manually as a source? If so, I cannot find the folder where the videos are stored...

Seems really dumb but can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks...
read http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Media_Sources
also, drm protected content bought/rented from itunes store cannot be viewed via xbmc, or any other 3rd party plugin.

you are now enlightened.
Thanks for the link, but it does not answer my question...

When I want to add a source, I see the folder structure of the ATV, but I cannot find the folder where all the videos are stored. The videos are all unprotected videos and should show up somewhere.
It looks like there are several drives and the Z drive is the largest. But I cannot seem to be able to access that through the "add source" option.

Any ideas?
Hey DocBrown, can you explain how come ATVFiles and Nito Player can both play back Apple TV movie/TV purchases?

Agreed, XBMC won't play these. (In my case, XMBC reacts one of two ways: thinks it's playing music but there is no sound, or it plays video but only frozen frames, with a supered "buffering" message that flickers for app. 10 seconds, as the frame jumps minutes ahead every few seconds and the controller display (when activated) blinks as if one were manically pressing play and pause, repeatedly.

TIA
So I found videos in the /mnt/ directory which has a ton of subdirectories (F01, F02, etc)
How do I get xmbc to list all these files directly in the Movies section (with description, etc)?

Thanks and sorry for all the noob questions...
Tumbao Wrote:So I found videos in the /mnt/ directory which has a ton of subdirectories (F01, F02, etc)
How do I get XBMC to list all these files directly in the Movies section (with description, etc)?

Thanks and sorry for all the noob questions...
XBMC doesn't read the mp4 tags in theses files so it won't pull the description and such from them. To make them show up in the Movies you'd have to add each folder as a source then scan them with IMDB scraper.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no videos0