Gamepad and POV?
Hi,

I've bought a Mad Catz USB wireless gamepad (looks much like the Xbox gamepad). I would like to set it up with XBMC, and this is what I've tried:

1) Enabled debug logging (<loglevel> set to 1) in advancedsettings.xml.
2) Found the name of the controller in the XBMC log file and added it to Keymap.xml <altname> for joystick "Microsoft Xbox Controller S".
3) By watching the log file, I wrote down which buttons mapped to which button ids.
4) Added one axis id="0" (and upwards) at a time to Keymap.xml and mapped them to event Up/Down, to check which analogue axis where mapped to which axis ids.

So, I got all data I need except for one thing: the DPAD. It does not generate any events in the log file, and when I look at it in Windows Game Controllers I see it is registered at the POV-controller (Point of View).

Does XBMC not support the POV-events generated by controllers? Or is it (wrongly?) detected as an axis (my first axis have axis id 1)? If I set the Up-event on axis id 0 it scrolls all the time without me pressing any buttons on the gamepad.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
I had the exact same problem with a MadCatz xbox controller using a usb adapter.

The best controller config using the tiger drivers set the dpad as a hat (pov) control. The pov input do not seemed to be detected.

Workaround I just found was to install a little program called 'JoystickCursor' (http://www.deinmeister.de/jct_e.htm) and configured it to translate dpad to keyboard input left/right/up/down.

Not ideal, but works.
Well, I used EventGhost with the XBMC-plugin. It allowed me to use the joystick instead of the dpad.

I also found that Generic HID in EventGhost correctly detects the dpad, but it would need some plugin developed to handle it nicely.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gamepad and POV?0