XBMC crashing to desktop...SMB share issue
After removing line 264 and changing the otherline (89) to:

LIBS=-lXrandr -lhal-storage -ldbus-1 -lcurl -ltre -lXinerama -lXmu -lXt -lfaac -llzo2 -lpcre -lenca -ljpeg -ljasper -lpng12 -lresolv -lrt -lasound -lmysqlclient -lsqlite3 -lfribidi -lbz2 -lfontconfig -lfreetype -ldl -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_image -lSDL -lvorbis -logg -lmad -lGLU -lGLEW -lGL -lsmbclient

I get the following error at the end:

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/src/XBMC/xbmc/lib/libcdio/libcdio'
g++ -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -o xbmc.bin guilib/*.o guilib/common/*.o guilib/tinyXML/*.o xbmc/*.o xbmc/cdrip/*.o xbmc/cores/*.o xbmc/cores/DllLoader/*.o xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/*.o xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/util/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDPlayer.a xbmc/cores/paplayer/*.o xbmc/cores/AudioRenderers/*.o xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/*.o xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/VideoShaders/*.o xbmc/FileSystem/*.o xbmc/FileSystem/MusicDatabaseDirectory/*.o xbmc/FileSystem/VideoDatabaseDirectory/*.o xbmc/lib/libcdio/libcdio/lib/cdio++/*.o xbmc/lib/libcdio/libcdio/lib/cdda_interface/*.o xbmc/lib/libcdio/libcdio/lib/driver/*.o xbmc/lib/libcdio/libcdio/lib/iso9660/*.o xbmc/lib/libcdio/libcdio/lib/paranoia/*.o xbmc/lib/libcdio/libcdio/lib/udf/*.o xbmc/lib/libcmyth/*.o xbmc/lib/libGoAhead/libGoAhead-x86_64-linux.a xbmc/lib/libPython/*.o xbmc/lib/libPython/xbmcmodule/*.o xbmc/lib/libRTMP/*.o xbmc/lib/libRTV/librtv-x86_64-linux.a xbmc/lib/libscrobbler/*.o xbmc/lib/libshout/libshout-x86_64-linux.a xbmc/lib/libUPnP/libupnp-x86_64-linux.a xbmc/lib/libXBMS/libxbms-x86_64-linux.a xbmc/lib/libXDAAP/libxdaap-x86_64-linux.a xbmc/lib/sqLite/*.o xbmc/lib/UnrarXLib/*.o xbmc/linux/*.o xbmc/screensavers/*.o xbmc/settings/*.o xbmc/utils/*.o xbmc/visualizations/*.o xbmc/xbox/*.o -lXrandr -lhal-storage -ldbus-1 -lcurl -ltre -lXinerama -lXmu -lXt -lfaac -llzo2 -lpcre -lenca -ljpeg -ljasper -lpng12 -lresolv -lrt -lasound -lmysqlclient -lsqlite3 -lfribidi -lbz2 -lfontconfig -lfreetype -ldl -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_image -lSDL -lvorbis -logg -lmad -lGLU -lGLEW -lGL -lsmbclient -rdynamic
/usr/bin/ld: error in xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDPlayer.a(.eh_frame); no .eh_frame_hdr table will be created.
xbmc/FileSystem/FileSmb.o: In function `CSMB::URLEncode(CStdStr<char> const&)':
/home/chris/src/XBMC/xbmc/FileSystem/FileSmb.cpp:267: undefined reference to `smbc_urlencode'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xbmc.bin] Error 1

I definitely have libsmblclient-dev installed:

dpkg --get-selections | grep smb
libsmbclient install
libsmbclient-dev install
libsmbios-bin install
libsmbios2 install
smbclient install
smbfs install

and I'm running 64bit Ubunut Intrepid.

Thanks,

Chris
Yes this is what I feared, its ubuntu´s fault. They claim to have the url_encode (it´s in header) but its not in lib, not much we can do. Unless someone recompiles our lib for x64 or make a bug report on launchpad to the ubuntu team.

You could do
Code:
cat /usr/include/libsmbclient.h | grep smbc_urlencode
in terminal and you should get
Code:
smbc_urlencode(char * dest, char * src, int max_dest_len);
if you do then bug report to ubuntu team is the way to go

EDIT:nvm I sent a bug report to ubuntu-team https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sourc...bug/315774

Cheers,
Tobias.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Thanks for raising the report. Cool
Hi Topfs2,

A quick question as I'm feeling the Ubuntu developers could take a while to fix the smb bug you raised.

How do I do 'Unless someone recompiles our lib for x64' you mentioned? Is this easy to do, or something very complex? Any pointers to take me forward so I can build a lib for x64?

Thanks,

Chris
hi all. i ran a search on smbc_urlencode and fell on this post but my issue is a bit different.

i'm running opensuse 11.1 and compile XBMC from SVN.
I'm [b]not[/b] running a 64Bit system.
Code:
bidossessi@laptop-2:~> uname -a
Linux laptop-2 2.6.27.25-0.1-pae #1 SMP 2009-07-01 15:37:09 +0200 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
the last version to successfully compile for me was 22066, although i run an update once every week.
XBMC is failing to compile, giving me this error (also mentionned in a post above) for the last 3~4 revs (I just pulled rev 22360 btw).
Code:
/home/bidossessi/build-sources/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/FileSystem/FileSmb.cpp:276: undefined reference to `smbc_urlencode'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xbmc.bin] Error 1
I already had installed what is called libsmbclient-devel in opensuse and i've tried the code mentionned in Topfs2's post:
Code:
cat /usr/include/libsmbclient.h | grep smbc_urlencode
which gave me
Code:
smbc_urlencode(char * dest, char * src, int max_dest_len);

I suppose it warrants a bug report but i'm trying to understand what i should report. are those two lines of code enough? what is the expected result of the cat command?
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
you have to upgrade libsmbclient and libsmbclient-devel

my versions are:
libsmbclient0-3.3.0-20.1
libsmbclient-devel-3.3.0-20.1

after this you can compile svn successfully on opensuse
You can find these files at samba.org and choose youre OS

After upgrading libsmbclient* make works well and xbmc is running fine on opensuse 11.1

It is just awsome!

regards Peter.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashing to desktop...SMB share issue0