New To XBMC for Xbox and Aeon
OK I have spent about 2 days playing with the app and basically love what I have initially seen but also found extreame frustration at not being able to do things that are clearly possible and probably easy when you know how.

I have used LinuxMCE & meedio before and have systems up and running with both but thought I would give this app a try and see how it compares..

Must say that what I have got it to do so far is impressive. With more understanding I am holding high hopes.

Right I am sorry if some of the stuff I am asking have all been asked before and sorry if I am posting in wrong thread. Basically I have struggled to find the information I need....Even with search without the 100% correct terminology it can be like finding a needle in a haystack Smile

Right here goes..

1. Is there anywhere in the forums a guide to getting started? As in setting up the app with the aeon theme...Basically guides to getting movies, music, tv shows etc working with fanart etc etc..

2. Where do I find mods and plugins? Ok there are threads but I was wondering if there is a definitive list of these with descriptions just so one could browse down and think...ooo that sounds cool I will try that.

3. I have the app installed and using Aeon theme. I have movies, tv shows and music showing up with all fanart, covers etc ( looks very slick ) but when I go into movies form main menu...browse to a film if I then go back to main menu and select tv shows it takes me to the movie that I browsed to in the movie section and not the root of the tv shows as I thought it would.

Basically I am wondering how I set it to goto the movies when I select movies in the main menu and goto tv shows when I select that.

4. I was watching Aeon being used in youtube and there seems to be a section I cannot get working.. I have posted the screen shot from youtube and posted what mine looks like..

and mine

5. I found a post in forums about showing fanart for movies as you scroll through them. xb2iris posted this

xb2iris Wrote:try the mod i made... it's got a secondary Showcase view which does exactly that...Big Grin

But I could not for the life of me find where or how to get this.

Sorry for the long winded post and sorry if I have asked obvious questions. I am new and I am sure I will kick myself when some of these get answered but at the moment there are 1000's of posts in the forums and finding answers to each questions seems to take an eternity and I would rather learn how to set this up before I reach 90 Wink
Not for Aeon, but if you follw this and swith to Aeon all the info will be available.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38964
It's a sticky in the How-to section Smile

4. Not sure about this one, but the former looks like OSD info during playback, other while browsing in files mode.
Apples and oranges, even if you had scraped any info.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
For question #4, you need to turn on "Library" mode. In the second screenshot, there is a menu at the top with "Library" on the far right. Click this and you will be in library mode. Afterwords, your movies will be arranged on a horizontal axis and the synopsis will pop up after a few seconds.
1.) There should be a readme -file attached to Aeon, this should provide with some assistance where to start and such. There is no specific "Welcome to Aeon" though I'm afraid, but maybe there should be? Then again once Aeon Assistant is released that should suffice.
2.) Do you mean for Aeon specifically or just generally for XBMC, they are two very different things and should be treated as such. For the former there's always http://www.xbmczone.com/. And for Aeon, well there's always Aeon Lite (As Aeon itself is still in development there aren't that many mods for it.. yet.)
3.) I had issues with this as well, suspecting it was made more difficult since I was smb networking the entire categories. I ended up modifying the homescroller.xml but as far as I understand there's an easier way. -->
When viewing (Main Menu)
[press up] to access "Setup Menu" and find "Aeon"
There is a settings panel called "Home Shortcuts" using this you should be able to set it so the paths are different, thus eliminating your problem. (Assuming you already have all your "Sources Added" and named.)
4.) That Library view, you need to scrape for info before it will display anthing, but other than that matt11601 was totally right. Your own screen is displaying File view.
5.) Depends on whether you want fanart as background or something different. If you want it as background, just make sure you have the latest stable build of XBMC, and that your fanart is named properly. And then it will magically work, well obvisouly not magically, but you get the point. -->
moviename.avi
moviename-fanart.jpg

foldername/moviename.avi
foldername/fanart.jpg

Good Luck!

EDIT: Nevermind Aeon Lite btw, you seem to be using Aeon on Windows and therefore should not need the downslimmed Xbox friendly mod called Aeon Lite. Smile
OK.....It's XBMC, not Xbox MCE, and by saying "Xbox MCE", I assume you mean XBMC on Xbox.

1. XBMC Wiki/ Video Library

2. Skin Mods are found that skins sub-forum, in the skins forums over at Xbox-Scene. As for plug-ins and scripts......I think Google might help you there.

3. that is because you are still in files mode and because you need to set up your default sources for your media.

4. After you set up your Default sources and scan in your library. Enable Library Mode. Now, change the view from "List" to "Showcase". This is the look that you have in the top pic.

5. You need to download Horizonz. Although it started as a Mod for Aeon, it has really become a skin of it own. It has it's own Sub-Forum, you can download it there.
Thanks for all the help I will spend the night playing Smile

Sure I will find a million and 1 more questions lol.
Keep the questions coming. You've chosen a great skin to use.
Hello everyone and thanks for that wonderful forum (heh this is my first message so I'd better take a good start Wink).

I am also a brand new user of XBMC and Aeon (using it on windows). So far I really like it (even if I haven't discovered all its possibilities yet!).

But I'm also a bit lost with the huge amount of information so I thought I'd ask my first questions:

#1/ Before I install Aeon, I played a bit with the default skin and could add the Last.fm mod quite easily, run through my profile, favs, friends, etc. That really got me interested about XBMC.

But Now that I have Aeon, when I click on "Music" (I have library mode on), I can't access last.fm? What am I doing wrong? I have tried to add it as a source but with no success so far.

Any thoughts on that?

#2/ When I added my mp3's to the program (using default skin), I just told it to search through my whole music hard drive. But it seems that it forgot some artists/albums and I have no idea why. Or maybe it did add them, but then I've no idea where to get them (I've used the search tool without success).

Are there rules when adding mp3? For example, the program can't find my Nightwish's cds. In my computer, I have E:\Nightwish\CD_X (x: 0-10). I'd guess the program is able to: 1) enter Nightwish folder 2) enter CD_1 folder and scan it? Or do all the mp3 have to be in "Nightwish" folder?

Another question related to my MP3: what program should I use to "modify my mp3" to link a song to an artist + album in order to have a maximum of information when playing it? I have the feeling that 70% of my music in unknown...

Sorry if I'm not being so clear: so much things to learn and so much excitement Wink

Thanks for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New To XBMC for Xbox and Aeon0