[RELEASE] Movie2k.com (Video) Plugin
@f8lcoder,

Nod F A N T A S T I C !!! Nod

Thank you very much for the integration of german movie filter in the News category. Hopefully you find a solution to include all german movies in the future.

Keep on the great work !

angryjack
Hi,

do I need to install 3rd party software, codecs, ... to be able to watch divx movies? (I am on a mac)
brutus01 Wrote:Hi,

do I need to install 3rd party software, codecs, ... to be able to watch divx movies? (I am on a mac)

Don't think so. As far as i understand the plugin handling inside XBMC is different to other Media-Centre distros and does not require external plugins.

I do not recognize that an external plugin is called

angryjack
Quote:Earlier I was watching a movie and noticed that the second half was not available via the plugin. The problem was that both parts of the movie were available on the same page, but you had to select the second part from a drop down menu.

Hang in there, I'm getting to it..Nod.

You'll find that this mostly happens in the Latest Updates section. Sometimes it only lists part one (mostly Google vids that are split). I have identified how to grab those links from the drop down already I just haven't gotten to adding it yet.

But you should find parts 1 and 2 when going into the alphabetical list and searching for the movie title. Unless it hasn't been added to that section of the site yet, or that maybe my regex is off a bit (it happens heh heh).

Anyway I'm glad you all enjoy this. I'll keep updating it and cleaning up bugs as they are found.

I took break last night and watched Green Street Hooligans and had a few pints. I'm pleasantly surprised by this plugin as well..Cool

Cheers,

FC

PS.As far as codec's are concerned you shouldn't need them the links should be playing in the XBMC media player which so far has supported everything I've thrown at it..Wink
In these post-absolutist days it is better to build upon the shifting sands
than that of the rock which will confound you upon the day it shatters...
When you've finally realised that, then you will know
that Nothing is true and All is permitted and
you can then embrace chaos...

Google Code Page : http://code.google.com/p/f8lcoder-xbmc-s...d-plugins/
@f8lcoder,

I can find german movies if i search a particular movie through the alphabet structure and each movie is signed with a "X" (for DIVX i assume). If i try to play it, it always results in an empty folder.

Was that meant with "Work in Progress..."

angryjack
angryjack Wrote:I can find german movies if i search a particular movie through the alphabet structure and each movie is signed with a "X" (for DIVX i assume). If i try to play it, it always results in an empty folder.

Was that meant with "Work in Progress..."

That's exactly what I meant, there are a number of various content prividers and I haven't gotten to all of them. There will be a few I just won't be able to nab because they are private temporary hosts. But I'll do my best and consult the oracle whenever necessary....heheh

I added at least one that only hosts a file for an hour in my last revision, if you happen to get lucky and wish to view it within that hour the stream will play. The sad thing is, I cannot determine if it's available or not until you select it. Then you'll either get an empty folder or if your lucky a file to view.

Anyway, the google algo needs revision apart fromsplit files, it tends to mix in a Russian host file or two and fails to play it. I'm on it though won't be long before it's fixed. Right now it's mostly good so not too worry.

Thanks for the interest and feedback everyone..

Cheers,

FC

Yeah every Divx file I try to click on running XBMC on Xbox it doesn't run them. Like they aren't there or something. Google works as well as the one with the big M.

Yes I'm running the latest build of XBMC from 12-30-2008
Yes General News heheh...

It's seems as if every time I check the site there are new and alternate ways of posting up video links which is frustrating me bit. Not to worry I am still going to try and implement everything that I find and keep the updates coming.

But for now, I'm finding that in my haste to stay on top of things I'm getting sloppy and I don't like that. SO I'm taking a few days to slow down, clean up, catch up, and otherwise add missing details to the plugin.

As for DivX files Stagevu and few other hosters are to the best of my knowledge currently working. There are many more, which as I've already noted I have yet to achieve successful scrapes for. Mostly because of time constraints I just haven't gotten to them yet.

Anyway, since there are numerous files available if you can't find one that works look for an alternate and try it.

I'll check in here often for new issues or concerns. But otherwise, enjoy and be something that I am not heheh patient.

Cheers,

FC

Thats what I have done. If one doesn't work try another format. I was just personally letting you know that the Divx marked ones don't appear to work. Well not on my Xbox running the 12-30-2008 build.

Keep up the good work. Wink
Just checked it as I was going to work some more on the pluggy and this is what the main page says:

Quote:we'll be back soon!

Hopefully they will be back up and don't change their layout and this is temporary.

A major change could nobble the plugin.

That'd be a bummer..

FC

Smile 
Hi,

Site seems to be back !

angryjack
Rainbow 
Thanks for this release....

The big question is has the site structure been changed or are the scrapes still working.... I'll download and find out. Then post up here.
Sad 
Hi,

yesterday i've tried to fetch content with the plugin but did not get anything. It seems to be that Movie2k has changed something in their structure Sad

Now their server seems to have problems again. Plugin says that it cannot connect to network server. No connection possible via web but server can be pinged...

angryjack
I haven't had a chance to look it over today, but I'm suspecting the site will be up and down frequently for maintenance.

There have been a number of 66stage videos uploaded with the wrong content. Many links get posted to media that's been removed due to infringement issues.

They get so much new content that the bad links have to be cleaned off the server periodically I'm sure.

The good news is that they're increasing the number of content hosts all the time. I've been trying to keep up with it but I've been busy this week. Although, I've added nearly 5 more of them to the plugin I need to test them to make sure they're still good.

I'm still tweaking some updates but I'll get something out in a day or so. Right now the goal is to allow for the ability for plugin users to have an option to notify movie2k that the items are offline instead of getting empty folders. If I can get this in soon I'll post a revision it's all relative to the time I have available and whether the site really has changed or been killed. I'll know more after I look it over today.

Cheers,

FC

Just checked quickly, the site appears to be operational and nothing looks as if it's changed. So it's a go, I'll keep working at it today and see what I can do for a revision/update..

FC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Movie2k.com (Video) Plugin1