Press O for statistics
Can someone please point me to a definition of the statistics I am seeing when I press O on my keyboard.

I have looked and searched but had no luck finding the exact definitions...

I mainly am trying to see if I can tell how much load my is my cpu vs my video card....
All of the stats are labeled fairly clearly other than maybe aq and vq which are the audio and video frame queue usages. Perhaps you could be more specific as to which you're confused about. AFAIK there's no platform independent way to measure GPU load, only through proprietary manufacturer specific tools. What exactly are you hoping to gain from this?
althekiller Wrote:All of the stats are labeled fairly clearly other than maybe aq and vq which are the audio and video frame queue usages. Perhaps you could be more specific as to which you're confused about. AFAIK there's no platform independent way to measure GPU load, only through proprietary manufacturer specific tools. What exactly are you hoping to gain from this?

I was hoping to see lower cpu useage when I installed a new Nvidia 8400 GS and I actually saw an increase in cpu usage over my motherboards integrated ATI1250 video.

I am assuming it may be that I have not correctly enabled the PureVideo for video acceleration.

I guess the real issue is I was hoping to find a positive way to assure myself I have video decoding off-loaded to the video card

Thanks...you were correct about the aq and vq we didnt understand.
XBMC doesn't offload video decoding on any platforms at this time. Any CPU usage differences you observe are likely in the driver.
althekiller Wrote:XBMC doesn't offload video decoding on any platforms at this time. Any CPU usage differences you observe are likely in the driver.

Thanks for the info and quick reply
Wow. I used to not like it when people suggested using the search button, but it amazes me how people persist in having no idea about the no hardware acceleration thing.

Maybe the team could change the title. XBMC-NHD (No Hardware Decoding). Or maybe XBMC-OCPU (Only CPU). XBMC-LTR (Learn to Read).

Wait. Got it. XBMC-DND!!! (Die, N00bs, die).

Alright, that might be a little much.
natethomas Wrote:Wow. I used to not like it when people suggested using the search button, but it amazes me how people persist in having no idea about the no hardware acceleration thing.

Maybe the team could change the title. XBMC-NHD (No Hardware Decoding). Or maybe XBMC-OCPU (Only CPU). XBMC-LTR (Learn to Read).

Wait. Got it. XBMC-DND!!! (Die, N00bs, die).

Alright, that might be a little much.

I challenge you to do a search for the "O statistics screen"

I did.....I just searched from the wrong assumptions.....never thought to search from hardware acceleration.....there are lots of different assumptions/materials to become familiar with.....Gosh I even bet there are somethings you dont know or would have a hard time finding.....how long would you suggest I should search before I give up and finally ask a quesiton....HuhHuh?
he was refereing to searching for hardware accelleration, which as stated, there is no support for now, or in the forseeable future.
Yes. I realize that sometimes we make presumptions without pausing to consider them. I was simply experiencing a momentary irrational moment of frustration about this particular presumption. As you are somewhat new, you had no real reason to know the amount of arguing and haggling that has gone on for the past several months about hardware acceleration and the lack of it. The fact of the matter is, though, that this issue comes up over and over.

For your info, the XBMC devs do not personally develop the video decoder. That is done by the nice people over at FFmpeg. Because they do not have a video card based decoder in their main trunk, XBMC does not have a video card based decoder.

Heh. "Momentary irrational moment." Somewhere within that phrase lies the secret of life and all physics.
natethomas Wrote:Yes. I realize that sometimes we make presumptions without pausing to consider them. I was simply experiencing a momentary irrational moment of frustration about this particular presumption. As you are somewhat new, you had no real reason to know the amount of arguing and haggling that has gone on for the past several months about hardware acceleration and the lack of it. The fact of the matter is, though, that this issue comes up over and over.

For your info, the XBMC devs do not personally develop the video decoder. That is done by the nice people over at FFmpeg. Because they do not have a video card based decoder in their main trunk, XBMC does not have a video card based decoder.

Heh. "Momentary irrational moment." Somewhere within that phrase lies the secret of life and all physics.

I think I got that...and I appreciate the explaination....I just wanted you to know how much I have read.....even with all my reading....I try to make it relavent to waht I am trying to accomplish....so like I said...I never approached the acceleration issues....I just kept trying to see it on the performance screen.....to us new people it is a LOT to digest.....at some point you hold you breath and just ask for a little direction...I got it and I appreciate it.
Eh...I thought I had this one wrapped up pretty well...

And we call it "codec info". Seems to be a better description than "o statistics screen" Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Press O for statistics0