[AppleTV] Launcher 2.2 released
The new AppleTV Launcher 2.2 with "Multifinder" has been released.

This version replaces booting into the standard Finder.app (frontrow) with a new Multifinder that handles application switching between Boxee and Frontrow. The only side effect is going back to Frontrow takes longer than previous as Frontrow is starting up from scratch.

1) Left side menu is renamed from "XBMC/Boxee" to "Launcher".
2) Fixes failure to get into the frontscreen when launching XBMC (black screen on launch).
3) Fixes IR problems under Launcher 2.1 with pre-2.3 ATV OS.
4) Fixes HDMI disconnect issues.

How to Install:

1) Check the Launcher update menu entry and update or 2) download from http://atv-xbmc-launcher.googlecode.com and manually install.

Known Issues: Learned IR remotes under r2.3 are not supported under XBMC in this version.

For the thrill seekers: ssh in and
Code:
defaults write com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher XBMCExpertMode 1

then into XBMC and back to frontrow. Launcher will now have an additional menu entry in settings. This toggles the default boot application... Now you can boot directly into XBMC. Quitting XBMC in this mode will return back to frontrow.

Enjoy.
Great release the issue I was having switching on the HDMI switch is gone.

Great work all and thanks muchly
Works great here too! Thanks again for all the hard work!
Anyone else tried the boot application toggle?

For me the LED on the Apple TV stays yellow if XBMC is the default boot application, and doesn't become white until i quit XBMC.

Not really a problem, but a bug non the less Smile
A Milton Wrote:Anyone else tried the boot application toggle?

For me the LED on the Apple TV stays yellow if XBMC is the default boot application, and doesn't become white until i quit XBMC.

Not really a problem, but a bug non the less Smile

ATV version? And please post console.log.
thanks for reporting!

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
ATV version 2.3

And this is console.log right after booting. http://pastebin.com/mc613a43

If you want I could post other log files later or "before and after" logs, but I'm not at home right now.
This update finally allows me to use HDMI on my TV. Just using a stock (non-hacked) TV HDMI would not work on my LG plasma TV. But this update allows HDMI to function beautifully (allows input switching and TV to power off without losing the connection.

davilla does the launcher now load before the TV software does? I ask because none of the Apple firmware updates resolved the HDMI issue I was having - maybe you should send your patch to Apple.
Hi,

First of all, let me say how much I love XBMC! I've only had my Apple TV for a few days, but already I'm in love. Thank you; thank you; thank you!

Ok, now for the bad news: I think Launcher 2.2 killed keyboard input on the Apple TV. The reason this is important to me is that I'm currently using a Keyspan IR dongle with my Apple TV to give me better IR handling (i.e. I can use all of the buttons on my Harmony remote with XBMC instead of just the limited functionality of the Apple Remote).

To make sure it wasn't some strange interaction between the two, I disabled the Keyspan and tested this with VNC. I confirmed the same behavior -- keyboard input doesn't work using VNC with Launcher 2.2, but it DOES with Launcher 2.1.

Hopefully, it's something minor that can be corrected in the next release.

Please let me know if you need any help reproducing or diagnosing this...

Thanks again!

-Dan
dzenc Wrote:Hi,

First of all, let me say how much I love XBMC! I've only had my Apple TV for a few days, but already I'm in love. Thank you; thank you; thank you!

Ok, now for the bad news: I think Launcher 2.2 killed keyboard input on the Apple TV. The reason this is important to me is that I'm currently using a Keyspan IR dongle with my Apple TV to give me better IR handling (i.e. I can use all of the buttons on my Harmony remote with XBMC instead of just the limited functionality of the Apple Remote).

To make sure it wasn't some strange interaction between the two, I disabled the Keyspan and tested this with VNC. I confirmed the same behavior -- keyboard input doesn't work using VNC with Launcher 2.2, but it DOES with Launcher 2.1.

Hopefully, it's something minor that can be corrected in the next release.

Please let me know if you need any help reproducing or diagnosing this...

Thanks again!

-Dan

not a clue what is going on here. Launcher 2.2 is doing a capture/release all displays to fix the HDMI disconnect issue.

might want to do a "ps -ax" to see if there is any difference between the two. another command is "kextstat", this will show the loaded kext drivers. Check to see if the Keyspan IR kext was loaded.
No more flickering after switching to ATV on HDMI.
Will see if this fixes a slight audio issue when powering up the TV (Audio briefly cuts out 2 times over optical)
Seems to be working beautifully on OS2.2, it may be time to go back to HDMI audio too Smile

Cheers, Dav.
Before updating to 2.2 launcher (0.8 before) I could easily access MPEG2 files and ISO images on an SMB share.

Access seems to have slowed considerably since 2.2, with things that used to be instaant taking 10-20 seconds to refresh and most ISO images failing to play.

This might be a network problem but just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues.
I am having issues with running Firefox from the NitoTV Application Menu. On execution, the screen goes blank and does not recover until the Finder reboots.

This worked pretty well on Launcher 2.1 as well as .8. When I downgrade to .8, Firefox works. When I manual install 2.1, Firefox works.

My configuration is AppleTV 2.3, HDMI, current rev of NitoTV and XBMC/Boxee. Firefox 3.0.4 with Launcher .8, 2.1, and 2.2.

Is anyone else seeing anything similar?
davilla Wrote:The new AppleTV Launcher 2.2 with "Multifinder" has been released.

...For the thrill seekers: ssh in and
Code:
defaults write com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher XBMCExpertMode 1

then into XBMC and back to frontrow. Launcher will now have an additional menu entry in settings. This toggles the default boot application... Now you can boot directly into XBMC. Quitting XBMC in this mode will return back to frontrow.

Enjoy.

HI Davilla,

using ATV 2.3, launcher 2.2., XBMC bf1 latest. XBMC autostarts. Problem is that in in case of fresh start (plug ATV in and boot to XBMC) my samba shares are not reachable.

I'm getting:

12:31:46 T:43104256 M: 34877440 ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://OPENWRT/mnt/Movies/Movies/Katona'
unix_err:'2' error : 'No such file or directory'

Doing an exit from XBMC and launching again solves the issue without any change on external NAS. It has been reproduced several times.

BTW how can autostart of XBMC switched off?
Update: ok, I've found..Launcher->Settings-> Toggle Boot App x3 pressed and then it rotates to Finder.
I had to go back to autostart Finder cause of the problem mentioned above.

Keep up the good work!
cheers,sirCube
I have sort of a similar problem. When I was using launcher 0.8 with NitoTV, when a I hit menu button to stop playing a file, I exit properly to the files menu, however after I've upgraded to launcher 2.2, whenever I'm playing a file and hit menu button to exit, the screen goes black and ATV restarts and I see the apple logo pop up and I'm in the main menu. I have no idea what is causing this but it must have something to do with the multifinder since that's the big change from 0.8 to 2.2. Can someone please try it to see if they can reproduce this problem?

Thanks.

Boseman Wrote:I am having issues with running Firefox from the NitoTV Application Menu. On execution, the screen goes blank and does not recover until the Finder reboots.

This worked pretty well on Launcher 2.1 as well as .8. When I downgrade to .8, Firefox works. When I manual install 2.1, Firefox works.

My configuration is AppleTV 2.3, HDMI, current rev of NitoTV and XBMC/Boxee. Firefox 3.0.4 with Launcher .8, 2.1, and 2.2.

Is anyone else seeing anything similar?
"Learned IR remotes ".... does this mean that ATV can be learned a new remote?
if some one is on 2.2 (ATV version, not launcher)?
Is there some thread about this, I used search without much success

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Launcher 2.2 released0