Aurora - A New Aeon Skin Mod
This is me tentatively announcing my take on the Aeon skin and Horizonz mod.

I am an avid follower of the supreme work done by djh_ and xb2iris on their skins as well as the whole XBMC community. I felt I wanted to and almost should contribute something in return.

So here it is, my personal take on Aeon and Horizonz:

Now do take note of the word tentatively I mentioned above. So far this is me literally messing about with the skin to cater to my own desires, I've only spent a couple of days so it's nothing spectacular so far. I wanted to post it primarily to get some feedback and advice from the more experienced.

I have got a few working screens to share which really only show cosmetic stuff at the moment. I do want to keep the original asthetic of Aeon.
I will delve into the functional at some point, which I suppose I aim to reduce slightly. Personally I only really use 2 maybe 3 viewtypes so I would expect to mould the skin to those.

So like I say, any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am working on this but purely in my spare time so don't expect anything that quickly.

Eye candy begins...

*** See Below For New Screens ***
Very nice work so far dude, I like the Chrome look. What other plans do you have for Aurora?
Very slow day at work today so managed to get quite a bit done:

Updated the home screen with a new focus button texture, new font colours and slightly less intrusive vignette...

Also changed the movies showcase view a bit, includes a much larger central focus thumb with the unfocused thumbs semi-transparent as well as the white glass theme and darker text...

Also updated the dynamic movie info view as well to the white glass theme with dark text and adjusted the vignette and positioning....

All 3 are taken from XBMC running the skin. The only adjustment I made is to the last screen with the reflected movie plot. This is a feature request I have open (to be able to flip/mirror textboxes/labels) and will be implemented if all goes well.

Let me know what you think!

six_storm Wrote:Very nice work so far dude, I like the Chrome look. What other plans do you have for Aurora?

To be honest I havn't given it much thought. I only started thinking about the skin roughly 4 days ago. Although one thing I want to get done is a completely revamped Episode View, the current one(s) seem a bit... lacking.
Also I do really want to be able to include the reflective text to give it much more perspective and depth across the whole skin.
Very good progress so far, I really like your work.
Thanks for the positive response six_storm, let me know if you have any suggestions.
JEEtoP Wrote:Thanks for the positive response six_storm, let me know if you have any suggestions.

I've been in talks with xb2iris over the past few months about Horizonz, helping him with suggestions here and there. I finally got a few big life events over with so I finally have time to help him out . . . even though he hasn't been online in a little while.

Is this your first try at skinning? I've tinkered around with Horizonz a little bit but not much, mainly just coming up with mock ups.

As for suggestions, I don't really have any right now. I really like that you have put more emphasis on the poster/album art (aka, making it larger when selected). Keep up the good work, I'll be sure to keep an eye on your progress.
JEEtoP, if possible please add support for foregein characters
Looks really good JEEtop looks far beter than horizon and original Aeon.
I hope this skin sees the light of daySmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
looks great so far, but in my opionion the borders from the bar in the mainmenu is to big, this must be thinner to look more elegant, would be great if you could play with this a bit.
nice greets from germany Smile
empty Wrote:looks great so far, but in my opionion the borders from the bar in the mainmenu is to big, this must be thinner to look more elegant, would be great if you could play with this a bit.
nice greets from germany Smile

I have to agree with you on that, when i looked at his mockups i realised my eyes were constantly drawn to time and date panels, they just need the height triming back slightley.
otherwise from what i have seen it looks dam good.

What's the timeline likely to be for a public release?
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I love that showcase view! I've been dreaming of larger covers for a while, those beautiful frames don't hurt either. I'd love to figure out how to do the showcase mods myself of get a hold of this sometime. Any updates?

BTW if I may make one suggestion it would be to remove the top and bottom home scroller border. I think it looks much cleaner without those.
I like it too. My only comment is that the reflected plot box looks very unnatural. The poster and plot are next to each other but the bottom edges of each are on different levels. Yet the reflection of each meets the bottom of each. This destroys the illusion that they are on a reflective surface because no surface would create reflections like that. Nitpicky? Absolutely.

But overall, nice work!
When do we can expect this Skin? Would be great to have this skin next Tuesday when my http://www.consumer.philips.com/consumer...E_CONSUMER arrives Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aurora - A New Aeon Skin Mod0