safe to update to ATV 2.3 yet?
I am still on ATV 2.2 with launcher 0.8 (i believe). Is it now safe to update to the latest ATV 2.3 and xbmc 0.810f and launcher 2.2 and everything function the same if not better? Or am I better off sticking to what I have now?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...hlight=2.3
no offense but a month old thread isn't really helpful...

I'm taking the leap tonight to 2.3 .. launcher 2.2 and all the latest XBMC/boxee variants.. It looks safe from what I've been reading...
My ATV accidentally updated itself to 2.3 back at the beginning of December. Many headaches, had to downgrade back to 2.2. Today however, I bit the bullet and upgraded to 2.3. Before upgrading, I back up the User folder from XBMC (via FTP) so that all of my settings would be saved. I upgraded to 2.3, ran the patchstick, installed the new Launcher and XMBC, copied my XBMC User directory back to the ATV, and everything worked perfectly (copying the User folder was a big time saver). Whole process took about a half hour.
abem3 Wrote:no offense but a month old thread isn't really helpful...

I'm taking the leap tonight to 2.3 .. launcher 2.2 and all the latest XBMC/boxee variants.. It looks safe from what I've been reading...

Sorry, was trying to show you that people were having success with 2.3 if only using XBMC....

I had done the same exact search yesterday and tried it myself and all went perfectly....
just an update if anyone is watching..

Updated to 2.3.. restored my library.. now HDMI handshake works perfect through the Yamaha receiver.. and everything still works as it used to.. 2.3 FTW so far!
@edge

I did the same, except running the patchstick again.
Would you mind posting the newest link to the newest version of the Patchstick again please?

I accidently deleted my stick and have to create a new one (Mac).

thanks!

- Sheerkhan
http://code.google.com/p/atvusb-creator/
Thanks mate Smile
I can't seem to get the update to work.. If I do a factory restore (2.2) then run the update to 2.3, then run the patchstick, everything works but I cannot use the 'update' function of the launcher. If i click on the launcher 2.2 update the screen goes black for about a second then comes right back. If i click the update for XBMC or BOXEE the screen goes black and doesn't come back. Clicking the menu button takes me back to the update screen. If I use the patchstick from ATV version 2.2, everything works fine. This is using a windows created patchstick. Could that have something to do with it?
gferrazzano Wrote:I can't seem to get the update to work.. If I do a factory restore (2.2) then run the update to 2.3, then run the patchstick, everything works but I cannot use the 'update' function of the launcher. If i click on the launcher 2.2 update the screen goes black for about a second then comes right back. If i click the update for XBMC or BOXEE the screen goes black and doesn't come back. Clicking the menu button takes me back to the update screen. If I use the patchstick from ATV version 2.2, everything works fine. This is using a windows created patchstick. Could that have something to do with it?

ssh in and manually do the update.

http://code.google.com/p/atv-xbmc-launch...stallation

and of course substitute the latest version for the version listed there.
Great. Will do it tonight. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
safe to update to ATV 2.3 yet?0