Screen goes black when XBMC launches
Sorry dont even know where/what to search for in this situation...

Please help or tell me what to search for....

I Installed XBMC on my ATV and everything was fine....almost perfect....

Wanted to make easier for wife to use...so I selected option within XBMC config to go to "Videos" upon startup.....

when I restarted my ATV and tried new config...XBMC launch goes BLACK and nothing...I can hear sound effects when I use remote control but NO picture.

Is there anywhere I can ssh into the atv and reset the XBMC config back to standard launch so I dont have to start from scratch?
Hi,

we need to know the versions of Launcher and ATV.
On ATV 2.3 with Launcher 0.8 the black screen on startup is a known issue. So an update to Launcher 2.2 would help in this case.
To check if xbmc configuration is broken, you can move the userdata folder aside:
Code:
ssh [email protected]
mv /Users/frontrow/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC{,.bak}
to restore:
Code:
mv /Users/frontrow/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC{.bak,}

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
MaestroDD Wrote:Hi,

we need to know the versions of Launcher and ATV.
On ATV 2.3 with Launcher 0.8 the black screen on startup is a known issue. So an update to Launcher 2.2 would help in this case.
To check if xbmc configuration is broken, you can move the userdata folder aside:
Code:
ssh [email protected]
mv /Users/frontrow/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC{,.bak}
to restore:
Code:
mv /Users/frontrow/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC{.bak,}

Thanks DD,

The ATV is 2.3...dont know the launcher Ill double check when I get home. I do recall that I only did the XBMC install from the menu and not the launcher. Ill be sure and do that also....

Thanks again.
That did it....just needed launcher 2.2

Thanks again!
ATV 2.3
XBMC 8.10 Atlantis
Launcher 2.2
Patchstick Installation atv-win-1.0.b11.zip

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen goes black when XBMC launches0