New to XBMC, couple questions
Ok, I just has a couple quick questions. Does the Windows MC remote work with XBMC and is there a way to make XBMC start when Windows starts?
Here is an answer to someone new. Research before asking. This forum is becoming flooded with questions/answers that have been repeated or are in the manual.
SlaveUnit Wrote:Here is an answer to someone new. Research before asking. This forum is becoming flooded with questions/answers that have been repeated or are in the manual.

Ok. Well thanks. I'll do some more looking into it then.
jrice219 Wrote:Ok, I just has a couple quick questions. Does the Windows MC remote work with XBMC and is there a way to make XBMC start when Windows starts?

Hi there!

Yes, the windows MC remote should work with XBMC. Check out this tutorial for more information:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...map+remote

Also, try to use the search function before posting questions. This one gets answered a lot, and some people are a bit *touchy* about having to exercise their fingers in order to help someone who may not know better. Wink

There are a few ways to make XBMC start with windows.

The easiest way is to download this file:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2iuj5zm5yy...ostart.reg

It's just a registry key that adds XBMC to the list of autostart programs. You'll have to remove the entry using MSConfig if you want to stop it from autostarting again.

You could also put the shortcut to XBMC in the "Startup" folder in your Start menu.
jrice219 Wrote:Ok, I just has a couple quick questions. Does the Windows MC remote work with XBMC and is there a way to make XBMC start when Windows starts?

Yes on both.

As for the remote, search around these forums for iR Master Suite . . . works perfectly with the WMC remote.

As for starting the program up in Windows, I usually just create a shortcut to xbmc.exe (or the one in your start menu) to C:\Documents and Settings\(your user name)\Start Menu\Programs\Startup if you have Windows XP. If you have Vista, you can do C:\Users\(user name)\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.

Hope this helps, if I'm wrong about those directories, I apologize but all of this is right off the top of my head.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New to XBMC, couple questions0