Some suggestions about entries, scraper etc.
Hi there,

OK, this is quite a bunch of whishes in one place but I guess this stuff is related enough to be suggested as one.

Here the details:
First of all I'd like to be able to do an update of an existing entry. That is, all metadata that was scraped before should be updated but all 'local' stuff should be kept. In particular the seen-flag should not be deleted! In which way other information is actually marked as local I don't know, but this directly leads to the next point.

I'd like to do some simple editing of an entry and don't want to fire up an external application like sqlitespy or sthg else for that. So a simple in-place form would be enough for that. Of course, this information should afterwards not be updated by the scraper again. But only this info. If possible.

Here wo go to the next point: I'd like to use more than one scraper for my collection. This has not to be realized as a multi-scraper-scraper. I have no problem in sometimes telling my collection to use another scraper. But actually if I do, it only looks for information on movies that have no infos at all. But I'd like to do this as an update, so I could fetch all available infos from the relevant servers after some time.

And last not least I'd like to prevent the scraper (or xbmc itself) to update infos for a particular medium time and again. There are some files in my collection, that don't get correctly resolved by the scraper[1] and every time I delete them from the database, the next time the scraper runs, the wrong details are back again. Therefore I'd like to set a mark on these files to prevent them form being scraped again. This should be antiquated when the other points are being realized but until then, this is a quite serious issue, at least for me.

[1] little explanation: there are some documentaries in my collection which have the same name like a movie for example, but for the documentary there is no info in any of the usable servers. So I always get the info for the same named movie presented.

EDIT: I split off some parts and linked the original text against the new thread. For discussion on these parts please follow the links. The third part is already discussed in this thread.
Please split it: http://forum.xbmc.org/faq.php
Quote:6. Don't report more than one bug or one request per topic! Again, search for existing first!
PS! Try to keep it short but sweet otherwise if it is too much text people will not bother reading it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
BaerMan Wrote:Here wo go to the next point: I'd like to use more than one scraper for my collection.
If you put them in different directories you can add both directories as separate sources, set different scrapers on each source, they will show merged in the library.
Gamester17 Wrote:Please split it: http://forum.xbmc.org/faq.phpPS! Try to keep it short but sweet otherwise if it is too much text people will not bother reading it.
Sorry for that. I thought, this would be close enough for being treated as one issue. And sorry too, for my english. I'm not used to write in english and therefore probably sometimes a bit long winded. Confused
I'll try to separate the issues to different threads, OK?

CapnBry Wrote:If you put them in different directories you can add both directories as separate sources, set different scrapers on each source, they will show merged in the library.
Slowly, please! If I understand you correctly, you tell me to copy the movies to different directories, right? In the end I would have as many copies as the number of scrapers I'd like to use. I don't think this will be a reasonable way.

For your understanding: I want to use more than one scraper for the same collection. Like this:
Collection contains ripped DVDs and I use scraper imdb. After running scraper imdb I'd like to run scraper tvdb or anything else. But if I do so, nothing will happen, because all of my movies are already scraped by imdb. Only if one of the files didn't get successfully scraped the next run will actually do anything. But I'd like to have the second run making an update of the available information. Like adding actors or descriptions.
Most if not all of these have existing feature requests on trac already.
Some even exist today
http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/16411
Feel free to voice your support in them and add those that are missing:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4389
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5407

I don't remember if there exists a request for scraper fallback, but I know it's been discussed in this forum recently.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks for your help, sho! Wink
I'm not used to working with a request tracker, but I will try to get familiar with it and use it as intended.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some suggestions about entries, scraper etc.0