XBMCRemote - an unofficial third-party XBMC remote control for Android
This is deprecated...refer to this forum:
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=129

@YaPay: The streaming will come to the app, but this will take a while..
@djerock: Why shouldn't it? If it runs on android, it will run the remote-app.
@bugzy: Just leave that field blank, you can turn off the Username/Password-Option in XBMC as well and just set those fields in the app blank, it'll still work.
This app is in my top 5 of most used apps on my android device. Thank you for that.

I've two requests though:

1. Can you make a dedicated subtitle button. This is an essential part of xbmc for many people. If you are from an english speaking country it's easy to forget that other people use that button a lot. I'm using Transparancy as skin and I haven't figured out how to get to the subtitle button in the OSD. Even if this is possible it would be very convinient to have a dedicated one.

2. Less urgent and I don't know this is possible, but I could use A 'Alt+F4' button. When I start a emulator through XBMC the focus goes to my emulator which displays in fullscreen. I don't have any way to close this so a button on the remote control app would be useful.

Thank you once again.
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, but I have had this app for a while and I have XBMC Live Dharma and the features that I have never gotten to work are the following:

1. SMS and Calls on screen
2. The actual remote control

Is there anything I need to do or tweak? The remote control, up, down, menu etc does not work, though I can browse shows and movies and start them from the android app, I just cannot do it as a remote.

I also did not know what I had to do to get SMS and calls to display on screen though.
check your xbmc network settings
I actually figured it out with the faq, it was the event server port 9777 was not forwarded on my router.
Sorry, posted this in the wrong thread
the link is down dude... and drahma verison hasn't 9777 port ...
firerm Wrote:the link is down dude... and drahma verison hasn't 9777 port ...
Of course it has. It is the event-port, not the http-port.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Laugh Great job, works great
[Rpi3b+ (Archlinux+kodi) & Xbox One S + Kodi]
olafvs Wrote:1. Can you make a dedicated subtitle button. This is an essential part of xbmc for many people.

I second this, it would make the app absolutely perfect.

Is there any way I can program one of the other buttons on the remote control to run the subtitle script, similar to keymap.xml?

EDIT: ..and I managed to miss that this should probably go in the dedicated forum, instead of bumping an old thread.Blush
The _official_ remote control has a subtitle button. Could be that it only is available in landscape mode, I cannot say for sure right now. But I am pretty sure, that when you are watching a movie and you tick the "Title"-Button, it will change through the subtitles... But I cannot say this for sure, and there is no way for me to test this right now as I am not at home.

But once again: This is for the _official_ app, not the one posted here. I would recommend to use the official one in any case though.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Hello,
Great app have been using it for a while now.
Suggestion,
Can you make on-screen volume buttons?
I just repeat it again, in slow, for everyone to understand:
This. Is. Not. The. Official. App. And. It. Does. Not. Seem. To. Be. Developed. Anymore.

This thread is now 3 years old, the last edit by the OP was in 2009 - there will be no reaction to your question nor will there be any developement here.

Please refer to the Android-Remote-Subforum:
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=129

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCRemote - an unofficial third-party XBMC remote control for Android2