Two questions
Hello,

After playing with XBMC (Aeon/Horizonz) all the weekend. I’m not too sure what section I should use to post so I’ll do it here.

If I want to use the search option, I can’t make the ABC buttons of my remote work so that I thought I’d use Aeon and its nice ABC panel. I was hoping I could use the up/down/left/right arrows to pick the letters but, unless I’m mistaken, I can’t make it work! Is there a way to make this function or is it under construction?

When playing an album, the songs are always sorted according to the tracks “title” and not the “track number”. So that they are always mixed. Any way to sort them differently?

Thanks for your help!
What brand of remote are you using on what platform(win, xbox, mac...)? Is it mapped correctly so that it works properly otherwise? For instance I use the default xbox remote (on xbox) it that works without issues.

As for your second question, follow the link and pay attention to the "Files section", hopefully it should answer your question (link to wiki).
I would myself answer it directly, but as I never use xbmc for music, I wouldn't' want to give faulty information based on faulty knowledge.
Fiinix Design presents: Posters, for Movies, TV Shows, Games, Arcade etc.

» Latest Poster-Pack: The Silhouettes, TV Shows
» Upcoming Poster-Pack: To Be Announced

» Game & Emulator Poster, request here
» Movie/TV Genre Poster, here
I'm using that remote: http://www.x10europe.com/pdf/OR22E-23E.pdf and I installed XBMC on windows. I'm not sure whether I mapped it correctly. I can get most things to work apart from the ABC buttons. When I hit them, I get weird characters ("&|, etc.)

By the way when you say that it's working correctly, what are you talking about:
1) You use ABC buttons like on a keyboard?
2) You use up/down/left/right?

Regarding the second question, you are right, I guess I'd need to change the "sort" field and set "track number" instead of "name". Thanks!!! It's weird because for albums you can sort them the way you want directly, without going through the setup.
I wish I could help you more with that, but unfortunately it goes beyond my experience now.
I meant that I use the directional (up,right...) buttons to navigate the OnScreen Keyboard. Sorry for not being specific.

Yes, but with albums, I'm guessing it uses the album name field to sort, which of course makes it a logical sorting method from a user standpoint.

That's just so weird, I do not have the same info on screen than in the wiki. Here is what I have. As you can see I'm missing the sort/view part.

Is there a kind of advanced mode I've to switch in to gain access?

Anybody knows?
When in your Music there should be an option at the top somewhere that says 'View:', click it to cycle through the various views available.
Lailendil Wrote:That's just so weird, I do not have the same info on screen than in the wiki. Here is what I have. As you can see I'm missing the sort/view part.
Sort/View is not available in settings..... Huh
You are here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Music_Settings#Files

This is where you will see these options.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Music#Music_Key_Features
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Actually Sort/View should be available from Settings as well. What version of XBMC are you running?, I suspect you should update to the latest one. Which coincidentally might also solve your remote -issues.

Yeah, you are right. I'll try that! The thing is that I installed it like less than 2 weeks ago so I guess that I downloaded the last version. Anyway, I'll check that out! Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Two questions1