Subtitles (.IDX+.SUB) Crashing XBMC
I hope the developers have this on their top bugs to be fixed list, using VobSub is really popular and being forced to use the external player-fix or just VLC really destroys the whole HTPC feeling with XBMC. My xbox is pre-atlantis and the vobsub's works perfect.

Setup:
ASUS p5n-e SLi
Nvidia Geforce 8800GTS 320mb
Onboard Realtek Audio
2x1 GB Corsair DDR2 PC800
2x500GB Western Digital SATA2
Windows XP SP2/SP3
XBMC Atlantis 8.10 (and numerous Jester revisions, same problem on all of them)
I have this problem in Linux to, with the 17700 version and many before that version..

/Söder
I tried to reproduce the problem using examples here (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5645)

On latest linux, it seems to play the video without any crash ?
On latest windows, it seems to hang on playing video ?

Are you guys getting the same result ? Do you guys have other examples to narrow the problem ?
These subs here have crashed my xbmc for quite some versions now (noth linux and windows, though I don't have recent windows test results) - probably since the update of ffmpeg:
http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=b...f79f91e378

(name them like any other sub file after the movie file, I don't believe it matters what movie it is with ?).
I have the same issue as well, when playing the movie, it will buffer for some time before starting and most of the time XBMC just hangs and I have to end the task.
If the movie starts playing then the subtitles are on top of each other and they seem to play faster than the movie.

I usually use subtitles when people are sleeping in the house and don't want to raise the volume.

If anyone is stuck and can't play their movies then you can disable the subtitles by going into the audio option when the movie is playing and then disable subtitles from there and apply the setting as default for all movies.

This does not bother me anymore since I'm not encoding movies anymore to another format, I just rip to video_ts and XBMC is able to play it for me just like a DVD. Subtitles work fine for movies with video_ts folder.
boxterduke Wrote:I have the same issue as well, when playing the movie, it will buffer for some time before starting and most of the time XBMC just hangs and I have to end the task.
If the movie starts playing then the subtitles are on top of each other and they seem to play faster than the movie.

I usually use subtitles when people are sleeping in the house and don't want to raise the volume.

If anyone is stuck and can't play their movies then you can disable the subtitles by going into the audio option when the movie is playing and then disable subtitles from there and apply the setting as default for all movies.

This does not bother me anymore since I'm not encoding movies anymore to another format, I just rip to video_ts and XBMC is able to play it for me just like a DVD. Subtitles work fine for movies with video_ts folder.

What you describs are exactly what happens to me with .idx and .sub

Shouldnt that be pretty easy. XBMC can do so many other more difficult stuff....

/Söder
i believe developers are well aware of this, fixing it doesn't seem to be on top of todo-list, though
boxterduke Wrote:I have the same issue as well, when playing the movie, it will buffer for some time before starting and most of the time XBMC just hangs and I have to end the task.

What OS and SVN Revision you were using ?
CrashX Wrote:What OS and SVN Revision you were using ?
I'm using XP SP3 and any build I use has the same issue.
It does not bother all that much anymore since I'm starting to rip to video_ts folder and the subtitles works great just like if a DVD is inserted.
I am also getting this crash in plexapp so the bug is really systemic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles (.IDX+.SUB) Crashing XBMC0