ProjectM not finding any presets
I just freshly compiled r16927, and it's the same. The only non-standard thing I've done is install in /usr/share instead of /usr/local/share.

I even copied a visualisations folder into /usr/local/share and into .xbmc as well. no go.

On a side note, when I turned on debug logging I noticed that I have 100% cpu on one core during menus and music visualisation... Weird NEVERMIND. Turns out that was just a standard opengl vsync issue.

Anyway, here is the unhelpful log : http://pastebin.ca/1301257
Running ubuntu 8.04 nothing unusual.

Thanks in advance, is anybody else having this trouble?
-Dan
Looks like I gave up too soon. A case of dragging the same Userdata folder from install to install. Turns out it was pointing at a non-existent "BUILD" folder to look for presets. Strange thing is that I hadn't had (or noticed) the problem before.

The Log file didn't say "can't find xxx/xxx" so I didn't know it was looking there. Now I do.

When in doubt, remove (rename) your .xbmc and see if the problem remains on a fresh setup.

Thanks for listening.
Cheers. This helped me narrow down my problem.

I was only getting the floating "projectM" visualisation for ages with no presets available.

In case anyone else gets this:
edit /home/$user/.xbmc/visulisations/projectM.conf

and change:

Preset Path = /home/$user/XBMC/BUILD/visualisations/projectM/
(or what ever its pointing to)

to:

Preset Path = /usr/local/share/xbmc/visualisations/projectM/
(or where ever your visualisations folder is)

I guess this broke when i stopped using the build.sh and started building from source as recommended in the README.linux
ASRock Ion 330 | 6TB Drobo | Pioneer PDP-4270XD (s/pdif) | Sony DAV-DZ810W | Logitech Harmony 885 (MCE remote emulation)| diNovo Mini

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ProjectM not finding any presets0