Quad Q6600 + I946GZ shared GPU = Performanceissues?!?!
Hey there,

im do not know any further, thats why my questions.
for xbmc an SD movieformats my hardware should be really enough.
but when im watching any kind of divx SD movie sometimes i haver performance issues with the framerate.

the cpumeter shows max 10% for each core. so it has to be some other?
can i tweak something in xbmc (f.i. the upscaling filter) or is there any app to check the realtime load of the GPU? if the gpu also has only 10% load i could try something other.
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)
I think it is not the lack of cpu power. It is the difference of the movie framerate and the Video Card refresh rate what is causeing frequent stuttering.eg. playing PAL movie on a 60Hz refresh rate, Playing 24fps nlue ray movie on a 60 or 50hz refresh rate etc.

You can compile the latest svn version which has auto adjust framerate function. There will be some tweaking you need to do:

See this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post258717

Note that as my experience, with a good integrated card you need to have your memory configuread in dual channel mode because the integrated cards has no dedicated memory ! 1080p resolution anyway is not an easy job for the opengl renderer to keep in 50 or 60fps
alan. great. thanx for the hints and your help. i also suspected that it could be something with the PAL, NTSC thing. now i'll try everything you said and will give infos in this thread.

i think that many other have the some issues like me. i never couldnt imagine that a SD movie runs smoother on my 8 years old xbox than on my htpc Wink

thanx a lot
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)
If you have any problem just ask ! It's been a road for me to discover and i'd like to share to anyone who is neeeding this info.
Pretty sure the ffmpeg patches for multithread use max out at 2 cores so a Quad really is overkill for this app...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
BLKMGK Wrote:Pretty sure the ffmpeg patches for multithread use max out at 2 cores so a Quad really is overkill for this app...

Yep, thats's right but anyway your CPU should be OK for most of the contents !
I'm using an Atom 1.6 with a GMA 950 and SD playback if perfect, so I should think your hardware is fine.

I've had the same problem but upgrade to the latest SVN and should be fine, there is a sticky in the Windows forum.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quad Q6600 + I946GZ shared GPU = Performanceissues?!?!0