Working 4500HD...sort of
Ok, so I got an xorg.conf file working with my G45M mobo with the intel 4500HD graphics. However, when I try to boot from the hard drive, I get the flashing screen. If I boot to safe mode and startx I get a desktop. So whjy isn't my config file being used? I saw in the wiki that it said to create a config folder and put my file in there, which I did.

sudo su
cd /
mkdir config
cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf /config

Any ideas? By the way, using the intel driver in the device section got it working.
Let me correct myself. Apparently something is foo barred in the live HD install. I decided to re-install, and then edited my xorg.conf file. I rebooted, and my changes were gone. Also when I ls / nothing shows up. Is this not a true HD install? It appears to me that it is nothing more than the CD image booting from a HD instead of a cdrom.
You have probably started X with vesa, thats why its working.
glxinfo | grep rend will say software rasterizer if this is the case.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Working 4500HD...sort of0