Solved LG C2 Trumotion
Hello!

I'm kind of frustrated because my new LG C2 OLED TV cuts me out of Trumotion as soon as I start Kodi. All the settings are greyed out. In Windows itself it works just fine. Do you guys have any idea what I could change in Kodi to fix this? I tried everything in the expert settings of Kodi.

I have a video of me starting Kodi in Windows with the TV setting possibilities on-screen, I can upload it if you need it. If so, should I upload it here directly or via an outside source?

Log file:

https://paste.kodi.tv/okuqabubij.kodi

Please help Smile
I have a C1. Trumotion is available according to the kind of signal you're sending. Check that in Kodi. Maybe move to 16-235 and see if that makes TruMotion accessible.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Thank you for your reply! I tried that already without success. And wouldnt 16-235 kill the perfect black of the screen?
Not that you should be using Trumotion IMO as it ruins videos, you probably have the input set to PC which disables it.
I'm very sensitive to stutter so I absolutely need TruMotion. When I try to change the HDMI input to something else the TV won't let me. It doesn't show the input "HDMI 2", only 1, 3 and 4. That's why I'm trying to find a workaround with Kodi because in Windows it works.

With the TV I probably need developers access or something like that to be able to change it.
So I managed to change the input setting to "home theater" but when I start Kodi from Windows all settings get greyed out. It's as if Kodi is telling my TV "hello there, I'm a PC" and it shouldn't do that. I hope someone reading this is a technical wizard and can help me with this problem.
SOLVED: So to anyone who is interested: My AMD software was treating Kodi as a game and FreeSync was turned on. Switched it off and all settings are available now.
Thread marked solved.
(2022-11-14, 20:46)xgox Wrote: SOLVED: So to anyone who is interested: My AMD software was treating Kodi as a game and FreeSync was turned on. Switched it off and all settings are available now.
Sorry, didn't think about that. Same thing for G-Sync and Nvidia, by the way.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2022-11-14, 18:04)Hitcher Wrote: Not that you should be using Trumotion IMO as it ruins videos

The "cinematic" setting in LGs basically just alleviates stutter in pans, without introducing soap opera effect for the grand majority of cases.
(2022-11-14, 20:46)xgox Wrote: SOLVED: So to anyone who is interested: My AMD software was treating Kodi as a game and FreeSync was turned on. Switched it off and all settings are available now.
I've always wondered if running kodi with Freesync/Gsync would without stuttering. Looks like it doesn't?
(2022-11-16, 08:10)wsnipex Wrote:
I've always wondered if running kodi with Freesync/Gsync would without stuttering. Looks like it doesn't?
The GUI might work well. But video playback is not meant to work with Freesync/Gsync, as far as I understand it.
Having the same issue here. Tried everything, but Truemotion still remains greyed out. You said AMD treated Kodi as a game, how did you change settings for Kodi in AMD software?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LG C2 Trumotion0