• 78(current)
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread
(2012-04-15, 23:56)BlackJack1 Wrote:
Quote:Download this "playercorefactory.xml" and save it to "\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata" folder. If you're using Windows 7 64x, everything should work "As Is"....

Hello, I used this file for PotPlayer (thank you Smile) and it works but... after the movie ends it only stops but not go back to XBMC.
I used before KMPlayer and no problem with this.
Any advice please... mayby any line in playcorefactory.xml file?
Regards Smile
Do PotPlayer include key option for remote controller? You have to be able to exit PotPlayer to return to XBMC. With MPC-HC, I can set any button on the remote to return to XBMC after the movie stop.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I use mouse and I can exit PotPlayer and automaticly go back to XBMC but using KMPlayer that was ful auto Smile
(2012-04-16, 01:53)BlackJack1 Wrote: I use mouse and I can exit PotPlayer and automaticly go back to XBMC but using KMPlayer that was ful auto Smile
If you use mouse, there is no limit. I'm talking about MCE remote controller. I can stop the movie and return to XBMC with a button on the remote.....

Of course I can click "exit" button using my mouse when playback stops but I'd love to see it goes back to XBMC automaticly like prevously using KMPlayer... Smile
(2012-04-16, 14:38)BlackJack1 Wrote: Of course I can click "exit" button using my mouse when playback stops but I'd love to see it goes back to XBMC automaticly like prevously using KMPlayer... Smile
That is why I said it is depending on your external media player. If PotPlayer have an option to automatically exit itself after the movie complete, it'll return to XBMC after the movie complete. Maybe, KMPlayer have the automatic exit option but PotPlayer player doesn't have it.......

Guys could you please help me. I just bought TotalMedia Theatre 5 and dont know how to launch BD folders.

Here is the situation. I have Bluray folders on my hard. No ISOs. With TotalMedia Theatre 3 it was easy.
I made an external player rule for *.bdmv files and launched
uMCEDVDPlayer.exe index.bdmv
to play a bluray folder.

Now the problem with TMT5 is that "uMCEPlayer5.exe index.bdmv" doesn't work. It does launch TMT5 but
it doesn't play the BD folder. The only way to play a BD folder is to use it on the root folder If you have a folder
named BDFILM1 you have to run it like "uMCEPlayer5.exe BDFILM1"

Now how can I launch TMT5 inside XBMC on BD folder structures? I'm not interested to use ISOs in anyway.
(2012-04-16, 16:34)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-16, 14:38)BlackJack1 Wrote: Of course I can click "exit" button using my mouse when playback stops but I'd love to see it goes back to XBMC automaticly like prevously using KMPlayer... Smile
That is why I said it is depending on your external media player. If PotPlayer have an option to automatically exit itself after the movie complete, it'll return to XBMC after the movie complete. Maybe, KMPlayer have the automatic exit option but PotPlayer player doesn't have it.......

I found this option in PotPlayer. Now it works great!
Thank you bluray for help Smile
(2012-04-17, 11:53)BlackJack1 Wrote:
(2012-04-16, 16:34)bluray Wrote:

I found this option in PotPlayer. Now it works great!
Thank you bluray for help Smile
Great...and congrat! Nod

(2012-04-17, 01:59)Zodler Wrote: Guys could you please help me. I just bought TotalMedia Theatre 5 and dont know how to launch BD folders.

Here is the situation. I have Bluray folders on my hard. No ISOs. With TotalMedia Theatre 3 it was easy.
I made an external player rule for *.bdmv files and launched
uMCEDVDPlayer.exe index.bdmv
to play a bluray folder.
You should be able to use a rule similar to this "<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>" for TMT5. It'll playback BDMV in BD folder. If you need more info on it, you can check out the guide in my signature below too.....

deleted
Hi all Smile
I am trying to play music videos in a separate screen (hopefully) docked on monitor 2 (hd tv) and still have xbmc active on monitor 1 and queue up more songs ect while it is still playing. I have it so that it defaults to wmplayer for music videos and it opens and plays but one or two songs then comes up with "click ok when playback has finished" and I can't queue anymore songs until I click ok.

Is there a workaround for this or a setting I can change?

Thanks for helping Smile
ok i know as mr. garrison says there are no stupid questions, only stupid people and at the moment i am one of them. i apologize if this has been posted already but how do i keep the ability to use vlc or mpc-hc but keep the built in player as default. i love bein able to use the external player for a few things but overall i am pleased with the default player and do use it the most often. i am very much a noob when it comes to xml so iff anyone could show me exactly what to type into it and where i would be most appreciative. thanks in advance.
(2012-07-13, 21:42)mrcleen74 Wrote: ok i know as mr. garrison says there are no stupid questions, only stupid people and at the moment i am one of them. i apologize if this has been posted already but how do i keep the ability to use vlc or mpc-hc but keep the built in player as default. i love bein able to use the external player for a few things but overall i am pleased with the default player and do use it the most often. i am very much a noob when it comes to xml so iff anyone could show me exactly what to type into it and where i would be most appreciative. thanks in advance.
Since we are not in front of your HTPC, we cannot write code and link it to the correct directory for you. You can use the code from the forum and try it on your HTPC. If you run into problem, you can post your code and specify your issue, and then we will try to help you out.......

Here is another external player thread- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup..........

@mrcleen74 All you need to do is not define any rules in your playercorefactory.xml.

As long as you've defined the players, you can use them for any item from the context menu under the "Play using..." option.
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\Media Player Classic\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>/fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
<player name="VLC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\VLC.exe</filename>
<args>/fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
</players>
</playercorefactory>
i removed the rules like you mentioned but it still defaults to mpc-hc instead of the dvdplayer built in. sorry for not posting this earlier and thx for such a quick response. so am i stuck with mpc-hc as the default now or is there a way around this?
Did you happen to set MPC-HC as the default player in your advancedsettings.xml?

If not, post a debug log with you playing something, and it opening MPC-HC. That should clear up what's happening.
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread11