[AppleTV] SMB mount success, cannot see any files
Question 
Good Morning,

I guess I need some help on this one:

ATV: firmware 2.2 and XBMC 8.10 "Atlantis", Laucher 2.2
NAS: Qnap TS-109ProII

On NAS I have created a share called "ATV". The User is setup as "frontrow" and a password and "frontrow" belongs to the group administrators.
Structure of the share "ATV":

ATV
- Filme
- Serien
- Serie A
- Serie B
- Serie C

The SMB-client in XBMC is activated, default user is frontrow with the correct password.
From Main Menu/Videos I selected "add source" and added a smb share for "ATV/Filme" and "ATV/Serien" with scraper settings etc. The shares work.

Now the Problem: In "Files View" I cannot see any files and no sraping takes place for smb share "ATV/Filme". For the smb share "ATV/Serien" it scrapes the correct fanart and TV-show description but I cannot see any files listed below the Series.

I thought it had something to do with user rights. So I chowned all files to frontrow.administrators and chmod 777. Same effect as above.

After trying to get things working for the whole weekend I am a little bit frustrated. Hopefully someone can help me out?

Greetings
schloessi
If you can't see the files in Files View you probably still have permission problems. Have you tried activating the logs and checking if there is any info that tells you something?

After you can see the files in Files View:

For the movies folder:

- Have you set the contain properly? Informing there are movies in the share and setting the correct scrapper? (imdb)

- Have you manually started the scrapper? (via context menu -press and hold menu-, you have to do this in file mode)

For the TV Series:

- Are you using the proper naming convention? (TV_Serie_Name_SxxExx i.e. Tatort.S03E04.avi)
Krieg Wrote:If you can't see the files in Files View you probably still have permission problems. Have you tried activating the logs and checking if there is any info that tells you something?

After you can see the files in Files View:

For the movies folder:

- Have you set the contain properly? Informing there are movies in the share and setting the correct scrapper? (imdb)

- Have you manually started the scrapper? (via context menu -press and hold menu-, you have to do this in file mode)

For the TV Series:

- Are you using the proper naming convention? (TV_Serie_Name_SxxExx i.e. Tatort.S03E04.avi)

For the Movie Folder: All content is set properly, scraper settings are ok.
Manually starting the scraper brings up the same result. (Because XBMC "sees" no files.)
Same for the TV Series. I followed the name conventions properly.
Sad

After reading the forums especially this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42903 , I guess there could be some problems with Multifinder. Else I will try to downgrade the launcher, or is there a way to disable Multifinder and boot into the old Finder?

Greetings
schloessi
Directory permissions? Maybe you only gave permissions to the files but not to the folders.
Krieg Wrote:Directory permissions? Maybe you only gave permissions to the files but not to the folders.

I checked, cross-checked and double checked the permissions yesterday Wink Everything is set up properly.

I googled for Problems with smb shares and launcher 2.2. I believe that the problem is here. Many users have the problems with smb shares after upgrading to launcher 2.2. I checked the smb shares with boxee. Same result.

What config are u running?
I have Atlantis-bf1 on ATV 2.2 with launcher 2.2 connecting to a NAS (Synology 207+) over SMB.

Activate the logging and upload the log to any pastebin service.
Problem solved.

Enabled show hidden files. Everything is fine now. Except that I don't know why all my files are hidden...

Greetings and Thx Krieg for trying to help me out.
schloessi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] SMB mount success, cannot see any files0