AAC Q10 audio codec support in AVI's?
hmm well on the player it says mplayer dev-cvs-040608 then cuts off so im not sure about that lol.

im using this mplayer http://deje.uw.hu/
the latest one
well i grabbed some of kaa's encodes and had a look.

the problem seems to be the fact that it's aac audio in an avi container. if you take the video and audio and mux it into an mkv file (which supports aac natively) then it works fine. so it's not that the audio can't be played it's just that it's not being demuxed properly. avi isn't really supposed to hold newer codecs such as aac, it was never designed to. it requires some dirty hacks to get it working.

mplayer for windows won't detect the audio in an avi, it will in an mkv. so it looks like an mplayer problem not an xbmc one. because of this you'll have to wait till mplayer includes support and then wait till the mplayer code is updated in xbmc. or you can mux into mkv.

edit: just looked back over the thread, it was 1.0pre4 i tested with (which xbmc uses), i'll try with an upto date cvs build of mplayer, since nagmine said he got it working. probably been sorted in mplayer cvs.

edit: yep from what i can tell it's a problem with mplayer 1.0pre4 which xbmc uses. it works in newer cvs versions of mplayer.
hey thanks for the research deltop ( i knew i wasnt crazy Wink ) . i figured the problems was just an outdated mplayer cvs in xbmc so ill just wait , no biggy. im sure they will have it figured out in v1 of xbmc Smile

cant wait
hey i was just wondering if there has been any update on this. ive been gone for like 3 weeks and i see that v1.0 is out but after testing i see nothing has changed. looking good though anyways :nuts:
bump

im not trying to be a bug or anything im just wish i could watch all my anime with..... sound lol  Confused any chances the developers plan on updating the mplayer core in xbmc anytime soon?
afaik the dev who's most likely to update the mplayer core to mplayer-pre05 is on holiday atm. so hopefully it'll be done in the not too distant future Smile
is this problem fixed yet? i have 26-09-2004 cvs with the new mplayer-pre05 core but it'll still play the .avi file without sound.
hi,
can you test whith this mplayer? (unrar into mplayer dir)
it's a port of actual mplayer cvs... and it add a libfaad 2.1...
or... can you submit a file codec in aac q10?
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
hmmm....strangely it works now :joker: so i take it that this mplayer.dll is the one from mplayer standalone cvs itself, not that of xbmc's mplayer cvs (cvs: xbmc/mplayer), is it not?
anyways, great work and thanks a lot :bowdown: i really wish i had a credit card right now so that i could donate some bucks to you guys :joker:
yes.
it's based in mplayer team cvs (libfaad cvs, xvid cvs...), but it incorporate changes for port it to xbmc... (some includes in xbmc\mplayer cvs)...
when mplayer makes another version (pre6 or 1.0) we update xbmc\mplayer... but you can use/test this until a new version it's released...
i update mplayer.dll every/two days... in the same link...

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
cool. may i ask, exactly what do you change in the original mplayer cvs source in order to port and make it usable by xbmc? is it pretty much the same as compiling mplayer.dll cvs for xbmc?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AAC Q10 audio codec support in AVI's?0