itunes tv shows + advancedsettings.xml
I am trying to get XBMC to pick up the tv shows that itunes stores, these arn't brought from the store, they are shows I have ripped (don't ask, just at the moment I am happy having itunes storing them) However I also love the XBMC interface/networking

I have the tv shows stored in folders for each show. XBMC picks these up fine. Then the files are saved as S-EE episode name.mp4 (note these arn't protected files) eg 1-07 Awkward Phase.mp4

I have created a regexp for the advance settings.xml file, so it looks something like

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <tvshowmatching>
        <regexp>([0-9]+)-([0-9])([0-9]+)</regexp>
    </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

to try and get it to pick them up. However at best it picks up the first episode of a season up only.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be great
([0-9]+)-([0-9]+)

is probably all you want. After all, we only want the season (could be more than one number) followed by a - followed by the episode (could be more than one number).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

that works a treat, many thanks
ok another question:

I am trying to get shows in special season to work. Using regular expressions is it possible to get shows that only have a episode number to assume that they are season 0?

Or failing this will putting a nfo file in, allow the show to be picked up evening if the naming structure of the show isn't correct?
Nope - naming structure must be complete.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
itunes tv shows + advancedsettings.xml0