RealNetworks RealVideo 10 (RV10) codec
yea, so i realize now. anyway we have a fix for it in cvs which probably works, and mplayerhq is discussing how to fix it in their version so i think a sample isn't needed.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i did some testing today.

the problem is resolved.

:fixed:

thanks
Smile 
@elups, you might want to check this out => http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-de...33650.html (there might be an issue with the fix you appilied Huh )
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Exclamation 
i've not tested this so i don't know if it works (not even sure if xbmc support linux dlls) but if someone has the possibility of testing this with very latest xbmc cvs please go ahead:

possible realnetworks realvideo 10 (rv10) solution:

see line 1088 ("videocodec rv3040") and line 1985 ("audiocodec ra10cook") in /etc/codecs.conf in mplayer's cvs, they got realplayer 10 rv30/40 video-files working via a 'linux realplayer 10' dll files called "drvc.so" and "cook.so", try copying those two dlls to mplayer codecs directory and add the "videocodec rv3040" lines bellow to xbmc's codecs.conf directly (at the top) under the "experimental real video decoder using closed source codecs" section, and the "audiocodec ra10cook" lines between 'ra288mac' and 'racook' (if needed see mplayer's cvs on mplayerhq.hu for details, look in /mplayer/etc/codecs.conf):
Quote:videocodec rv3040
 info "linux realplayer 10 rv30/40 decoder"
 status working
 fourcc rv30,rv30
 fourcc rv40,rv40
 driver realvid
 dll "drvc.so"
 out i420

audiocodec ra10cook
 info "realplayer 10 cook audio"
 comment "supports cook 5.1"
 status working
 format 0x6b6f6f63; "cook"
 driver realaud
 dll "cook.so"
FYI, support to load RealVideo 10, a.k.a. RV40 video (and COOK 6-channel) Windows DLL codecs from Real Player 10 was very recently added to MPlayer for Linux, and thus it is now play the latest RealAudio audio streams. Once a developer ports those updates to the DLLloader then XBMC should be able to play the same files as well, at least those with not too high resolution or too high bit-rate.
FYI, adding an RV40 decoder to FFmpeg is also SoC (Google Sommer of Code) project this year.
FFmpeg is the open souce codec suit that both XBMC and MPlayer uses to decode audio/video.

Bad news is that RV40 seems to be based on H.264 so it's a very demanding codec for the CPU

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RealNetworks RealVideo 10 (RV10) codec0