How do you handle your mix of HD and Non-HD media?
I've started replacing some of my more frequently watched movies with HD versions. I still have my old Xbox1 though on a TV in the bedroom and so I would like to keep the non-HD copy of the movie around.

It looks kind of stupid to have two of the exact same movie in your library though (plus you can't tell which is which).

I think I've decided I'll just create two new sub-directories on my file server:

\\media\movies\HD\
\\media\movies\SD\

And then everytime I get a HD movie, I'll move the old SD version to that new SD folder and only add the HD folder to the bookmark source on my Windows XBMC and the SD folder only to the source on my Xbox.

There's still not an easy way to tell which movies are HD and which are SD though when I'm browsing through the library on XBMC for Windows... right now, I have so few HD movies it's easy enough to remember but I'm wondering what everyone else is doing to sort them out?
I have separate drives/dirs for HD versus SD as you do. My HTPC and HD TV only links to the HD drive and the other xboxs around the house link to the SD drive.

I think work is afoot for xbmc to read info like res from the file which can be read by the skin soon.

Also check the lovely screens in the upcoming Aeon Stark which has info about each file here

xbmc keeps getting better and better....
Hando Wrote:Also check the lovely screens in the upcoming Aeon Stark which has info about each file here
Yeah, but those are done by naming the file in a specific way. The other approach is far better. With hundreds of movies I'm in no mood for renaming them all. Wink
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30419

Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
ashlar Wrote:Yeah, but those are done by naming the file in a specific way. The other approach is far better. With hundreds of movies I'm in no mood for renaming them all. Wink

I would be willing to rename them... but I only have about 15 hd movies. Smile Right now, I already have them named like this:

Spiderman 3 (2007).1920x800.mkv

I'm also using xml nfo's for all my movies. I've thought about just adding an HD entry to the genre tag:

<genre>Action / Adventure / Sci-Fi / Thriller / HD</genre>

That way I could browse by genre and list only my HD movies.

From skimming through the link gamestar posted though, it sounds like a lot of this will be done automatically if I just have a little patience.
I have them in the same folder but just name the folder "Moviename (year) HD".
i have mine in two different folders named HD and one SD.. and in those folders i have my movies. the only drawback on that is you cant see them all in the same window.
ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 Athlon 64 X2 3800+, ~2.8GHz
CORSAIR XMS2 4 GB (4 x 1gig)DDR2 800
NVIDIA GeForce 8900 GTO 512mb ........resolution 1920 by 1080
10x WD 500GB SATA -HARD DRIVES
46" VIZIO LCD 1080P
Gamester17 Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30419

Wink
Yup, I know about that. I was commenting on the Aeon Stark solution, which is not much of a solution (notwithstanding the awesome work on the skin, obviously?) when compared to the one you linked, which I'm all for. Big Grin
ashlar Wrote:Yup, I know about that. I was commenting on the Aeon Stark solution, which is not much of a solution (notwithstanding the awesome work on the skin, obviously?) when compared to the one you linked, which I'm all for. Big Grin

My mistake - I didn't realise the current stark screens were using a more manual renaming solution.

But from the look of the above thread djh would incorporate that more elegant scanning solution into stark as soon as implemented.
Hando Wrote:But from the look of the above thread djh would incorporate that more elegant scanning solution into stark as soon as implemented.
Exactly, then there will be much rejoicing! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you handle your mix of HD and Non-HD media?0