Custom BG Slow
Hey Guys,

I love MediaStream.

When i use custom backgrounds the interface takes the time to load them when im in the main menu, after there loaded there fast as the default backgrounds.

My problem is that after i watch a video it takes time to load the picture again so the systems slows down.

Is there any way to avoid this? I have the images in the /Pictures folder and they are approx. 1.2 mb in size.

Thanks
drwickman

What resolution are your images and what format are they saved in. If your aren't using HD then you can resize the images quite a bit. Post a reply with some info and we should be able to help you out on this.

D
Im not exactly sure on the Res. but i did download them from the aeon skin site. they are labeled as 1080 so im guessing 1920x1080

They are jpg
would cut them down to 960 x 540
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
and converting them to bmp would probably make them even quicker (for xbox)
Thanks much guys, i will resize some pics.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:and converting them to bmp would probably make them even quicker (for xbox)
Is it possible in that case to use bitmaps in the textures.xpr
drwickman.......you can download 960x540 Fanart pack from my sig. It has around 500 images already resized and ready to go.
paul Wrote:Is it possible in that case to use bitmaps in the textures.xpr

The images in the xpr are already converted to a bitmap type format (that's what the building of the xpr does)
skunkm0nkee Wrote:The images in the xpr are already converted to a bitmap type format (that's what the building of the xpr does)
So are you saying if i use .bmp pictures to replace the default textures xprexpress will then convert them to .png or have i missed something?
paul Wrote:So are you saying if i use .bmp pictures to replace the default textures xprexpress will then convert them to .png or have i missed something?

It doesn't matter the original format of the image but if you build it into an xpr then the xpr will contain the image in a format which resembles bmp.

So if you have the source of the skin from SVN, remove our background images from the media folder and replace them with your own. Once you've re-built the xpr then your images will be in a format that XBMC will load as quickly as it can.

If the images are just sitting in the media folder in their original format (not built into the xpr) then they will be slower to load.
Thanks for the info
No probs
Thanks for the Backdrops.

I have resized some pics (jpg) and they still load slower than normal regardless the size of jpg

I will see how the .bmp's work.
I've the same problem as OP. The loading problem also only occurs when in Main Menu. My guess was that it was due to the computer I'm using (500mb ram, old processor, etc.).

But it's true that the problem disappear once I'm in the submenu.

Weird...

PS: but the same thing happens in Aeon/Horizonz so I don't think it's a specific problem of MS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom BG Slow0