Skin resets from MediaStream to PM3.HD
Has anyone else had this issue where the skin resets to PM3.HD?

I am using (or trying to use) MediaStream. It works fine but every now and then it loads the PM3.HD skin instead of MediaStream.

I am using the Atlantis PPA and the skins are also installed using the PPA method. I have configured XBMC to autostart without a window manager.

When I change the settings to use the MediaStream skin it works fine and only sometimes does it reset to PM3.HD.

Hitman
Yup, the big boss upstairs wants you to use PM3.HD!!Shocked

Nah but seriously its probably because later revisions have abit of a bug with the userdata mappings, everything in .xbmc

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Topfs2 Wrote:Nah but seriously its probably because later revisions have abit of a bug with the userdata mappings, everything in .xbmc

So are you saying that the skins should be in ${HOME}/.xbmc/skin rather than (or in addition to) the skin in /usr/share/xbmc/skin?
Usually, additional skins should go in .xbmc/skin.

At least that is how I do it.

But there is a bug right now such that it won't pick it up from there right now.

Hold off until that is fixed.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Oh wait, you said you are using Atlantis PPA. If that is the case, you won't be running into this bug.

Provide a debug log when you have your issue.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Typical... have rebooted about 3-4 times this weekend and the issue hasn't cropped up.. yet!
The skin reset to PM3.HD last night. Here is the debug log. Hopefully there is something useful in there although I couldn't see anything obvious.

The MediaStream skin is in /usr/share/xbmc/skin as is the PM3.HD skin. ~/.xbmc/skin is empty.

Cheers,
Hitman

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin resets from MediaStream to PM3.HD0