Strange discoloration in corner
Hi,

I'm having some strange discoloration in the top right corner of XBMC. I'm using the xTV skin, and there seems to be some purple color that startes in the corner and fades in a circular way. I have a ATI radeon card, and I've just installed the OMEGA drivers. The discoloration was not a problem before, and isn't visible when XBMC isn't in fullscreen mode (and moved to the top right corner of the screen) (TV-output).

Any ideas what may cause this?

Thanks
What kind of tv do you have? an old "think" CRT?

If that is the case, then your tv might have been exposed to some strong magnetism. A speaker too close or something.

If so, then unplug the powercord for atleast 24hours, this usually makes the magnetism "unload".
It is an "old" CRT TV, and it's connected through component video. I'm about 99% this isn't a "speaker-to-close-to-the-TV"-problem since, as I said, this does not happen when XBMC is in windowed mode, and there doesnt seem to be any discoloration on any other apps.

The purple color seems to consist of some "rings", that fade gradually to black. Dunno what causes this. I made it go away somehow one time, but don't know what I did.
Sorry to be a bumper (and annoying myself), but "my purple corner" is kind of annoying. Anyone having some ideas? Is this a skin problem?

UPDATE: This seems to only be the case at the home screen.
Very strange indeed.
I'm not yet convinced that it is not your monitor (even with all the info you have given).

Have you tried to take a screen shot of it? If it shows in the screen shot than I will be convinced that it isn't your monitor.

Have you tried other skins, resolutions and refresh rates for your XBMC?

And if it does show on the screen shot... Well than you atleast have something to post so we can get a better idea of what you are talking about.
maybe running in NTSC on a TV that isn't supporting it correctly.. or vice versa, running PAL on a NTSC TV?
These kinds of discolorations are usually the result of magnetic interference on CRT TVs or monitors. I have seen it before.

Probably nothing to do with XBMC or other software.
Yea, at first magnetic interference would seem like the most obvious cause of this. But as I've said, this has never been a problem before, and there is no speaker near enough.

I'm currently watching a film right now, with big black bars, and there is no discoloration. If I select a black wallpaper for the desktop, there is no discoloration either.

Another thing; the "circles" that seems to phase outwards from the corner is not anything I can understand a magnetic interference could cause.

Of course, this may be a problem with the video settings. I have recently installed OMEGA drivers for my onboard ATI Radeon card, so there may be some problems here with SDL apps. It's a PAL TV connected through component video.
A pure white image displayed on the CRT should reveal any aberrations related to the television hardware itself. I suggest you eliminate this possibility first seeing how it's the most likely one; it can be hard to notice chromatic anomalies unless you display an image intended to make them apparent.
do what Discaciate said and take a screenshot to rule out screen discoloration
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange discoloration in corner0