• 15(current)
[RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon
Thank you so much sir. You're a champion!
Have been using this great Add-on but not for some while. Today when I tried it, all I got was "Script failed" - "Plugin.video.PBS"
I am running latest rev, 3.0.11 ( Auto Update) and latest Frodo on Apple TV 2. I have uninstalled, rebooted and re installed, all to no success!
Error log - http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=14983
Any suggestions? Thanks.
Debug log (wiki) showing this "script failed" error, uploaded to www.xbmclogs.com and the assigned URL posted here.
OK, Back from work and loaded the error log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=14983
I hope it helps,
Thanks.
Re-posting as I have not had any suggestions! Anyone help me please?

Have been using this great Add-on but not for some while. Today when I tried it, all I got was "Script failed" - "Plugin.video.PBS"
I am running latest rev, 3.0.11 ( Auto Update) and latest Frodo on Apple TV 2. I have uninstalled, rebooted and re installed, all to no success!
Any suggestions? Thanks.
PBS has stopped working through FreeCable as well. Most of the videos available through this plugin are also available on hulu (no plus needed). Worth a shot.
(2013-05-01, 15:33)mique Wrote: Re-posting as I have not had any suggestions! Anyone help me please?

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sorry. I missed the email notification from your first post.

I checked the debug log but it's not providing useful information. The plugin is just failing to load in XBMC and the log isn't showing why.

I was unable to reproduce this error on Windows, Android, and Linux (Pivos).

Are you having problems on loading any other addons?

If you have the time, I suggest renaming the userdata folder (backup it up first) and try re-installing the addon.

(2013-05-05, 05:04)locoguano Wrote: PBS has stopped working through FreeCable as well. Most of the videos available through this plugin are also available on hulu (no plus needed). Worth a shot.

Is the PBS v3.0.11 addon not working for you too? If so, please provide a debug log. Also, what platform are you running XBMC on?
Sorry.. works great for me. I was trying to provide him with an alternative until this is fixed (for him).
It looks like everything that has been availabe is listed on the menu, even if there are currently no files. So, many times, browsing through programs and picking one results in an error message of "there are currently no videos available". Is there any way to change this?
(2013-07-21, 16:30)fullmoonguru Wrote: It looks like everything that has been availabe is listed on the menu, even if there are currently no files. So, many times, browsing through programs and picking one results in an error message of "there are currently no videos available". Is there any way to change this?

I hate this too. Unfortunately, the api doesn't provide a video count in the program listing. This makes it difficult to sort out programs that don't have videos. It would be too slow if the addon checked each program video count before listing them.
Thanks for the quick answer! Would it be possible to create a manual scrape (if that's the right term) option, or one that could be scheduled?
(2013-07-21, 18:06)fullmoonguru Wrote: Thanks for the quick answer! Would it be possible to create a manual scrape (if that's the right term) option, or one that could be scheduled?

I don't understand. Please explain.
If you could click on a button, or even better - have it do automatically once a week at 2am or whatever, check for content and remove entries that don't have content inside.
(2013-07-22, 01:06)fullmoonguru Wrote: If you could click on a button, or even better - have it do automatically once a week at 2am or whatever, check for content and remove entries that don't have content inside.

I thought about doing that something like that, but I didn't like the idea of hammering PBS with 200+ api requests just to check the available of videos. I will look into another method.
Have you contacted them about tweaking their API? It sounds like that's what's really needed.

This is the beta version of PBS Video. We’re still making improvements to enhance your PBS Video experience, and we appreciate your patience during this process. We also welcome your feedback on how to create the best user experience. Tell us what you think.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon2