• 2(current)
[RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon
update posted on the first page.
Thanks man. i love the pbs content.
Smile 
Well, Yawn I was up till 2am watching frontline and the mess that we're in with the economy. At work by 0610 not back up at 0500 yawn! Hey anyways your script works great. The only think I noticed is for some reason the default for nature to play properly I have to uncheck the "Built in DVD player" radiobutton then it plays fine. For frontline it requires the built in player (that doesn't display buffering cache progress) because if it uses mplayer the video is 5 times faster than the audio (we're talking a full 2 min faster) but when played with the built-in option in the plugin settings its fine, Nova needed mplayer or else is would shutter.

--Hope you see this feed back as good and not to be taken in the wrong context, this plugin ROCKs! (all I need now is knight rider (the old not the new) and I'll be almost set (besides Disney and Cartoon network - anyone?)

---Thanks again stacked you really are cool!Cool
lewis.donofrio Wrote:Well, Yawn I was up till 2am watching frontline and the mess that we're in with the economy. At work by 0610 not back up at 0500 yawn! Hey anyways your script works great. The only think I noticed is for some reason the default for nature to play properly I have to uncheck the "Built in DVD player" radiobutton then it plays fine. For frontline it requires the built in player (that doesn't display buffering cache progress) because if it uses mplayer the video is 5 times faster than the audio (we're talking a full 2 min faster) but when played with the built-in option in the plugin settings its fine, Nova needed mplayer or else is would shutter.

--Hope you see this feed back as good and not to be taken in the wrong context, this plugin ROCKs! (all I need now is knight rider (the old not the new) and I'll be almost set (besides Disney and Cartoon network - anyone?)

---Thanks again stacked you really are cool!Cool

That's the main reason I've include the setting to switch between players. Some videos play better with one more than the other.

I'm glad you like it. Big Grin
Well Im glad Im not the only one who seems to think scripts are treated like a disease and plugins are held to some high un-Godly gold standard. Anyone want to answer that question as to why that is? What really makes a plugin any better than a script?!? Nothing, thank you.

iRoNBiLL
iRoNBiLL Wrote:Well Im glad Im not the only one who seems to think scripts are treated like a disease and plugins are held to some high un-Godly gold standard. Anyone want to answer that question as to why that is? What really makes a plugin any better than a script?!? Nothing, thank you.

iRoNBiLL

Well, I tried Navi-X, and just couldn't get into it. I just *personally* don't really like the interface. The plug-ins seem more like an integrated part of XBMC. Using Navi-X seemed more like learning a whole new piece of software. Call me lazy, I dunno. Navi-X just didn't do it for me.

For example. I have several plugins installed now. PBS, NBC, CBS, etc. I go to the videos-plugins page, and select the channel I want, then the show, then the season or episode. Simple.

On the other hand, I start up Navi-X, and I start poking around, and thinking, "playlists?" where's the PBS channel? Where's the CBS channel? Where's the ... ? I don't want to make a playlist. I don't want to use the playlist of someone else.

Anyway, based on some of the flame wars you've been in recently, I request that you take this as constructive criticism and not a flame or attack. It's just one guy's personal opinion.
What you gave was constructive and honest without being rude... I appreciate your feedback.
Smile 
Big Grin

Would you be able to make an update, like nova when your watching the butterflies if we could stack the clips together to recreate the show?

I mean its great that its working and I'm only thinking about my wife and kids when they want to watch a show they probably are not yet used to clicking down then the center button to watch the next 15 min....I dunno...

--thanks a wonderful plugin and for your consideration
Just want to give you guys a heads up, which is mildly useless for the time being -- tonight I coincidentally ran into one of the dudes who works on the PBS website, and mentioned the XBMC scrapers. Perhaps not surprisingly, they're going to have a totally new player and video infrastructure by summertime. No more of these "chopped into parts" videos, and there will be an open feed for everything. Multiple formats. I have his email and will try to squeeze out more details. They're interested in working with partners apparently, so maybe something officially supported could come out of this?
w3__ Wrote:Just want to give you guys a heads up, which is mildly useless for the time being -- tonight I coincidentally ran into one of the dudes who works on the PBS website, and mentioned the XBMC scrapers. Perhaps not surprisingly, they're going to have a totally new player and video infrastructure by summertime. No more of these "chopped into parts" videos, and there will be an open feed for everything. Multiple formats. I have his email and will try to squeeze out more details. They're interested in working with partners apparently, so maybe something officially supported could come out of this?

Sounds great. Thanks for the info.

btw,

[Update]
-added option to play all chapters at once
-fixed auto update feature bug
w00t! Smile Thanks dude.
This is great. I watched an episode of Nova earlier today and it worked perfectly. I did have to change the player it used. The default setting would lock up my xbox. Otherwise it was perfect. Thanks.
Can someone verify this for me?

I'm using an xbox1, T3CH build 12-30-08, PBS plugin installed 04-14-09.

I'm able to play older episodes of NOVA, but I can not play the latest episodes from last week and this week (2-part NOVA series "Doctors Diaries"). My wife is really interested in watching this series, but being a resident doc herself, missed both weeks working a 32-hour shift! (irony)

Anyway, when I try to play a chapter from this series, it looks like it's going to start buffering, but never does, and eventually just goes back to the episode chapter menu. If I browse to older NOVA episodes, I can play any/all chapter(s) just fine.

So, I'm wondering ... is this a problem on my end, or something on PBS's end?

Thanks!
I will try to update the plugin this weekend.

Thanks for the heads up.
Thanks. I take it you were able to reproduce this problem then...?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon2