Some lines in subtitles fail to appear
AreaScout Wrote:Jester, thanks for your great daily builds Laugh

@ all

I need some test for r17300 Smile thx in foward

build for this coming.....
Upped Rev17300

@AreaScout, can you kick althekiller, he borked the win32 build for rev 17301 Wink
Jester Wrote:Upped Rev17300

@AreaScout, can you kick althekiller, he borked the win32 build for rev 17301 Wink

p.s. your 17302 change is in my rev17300 build
Jester Wrote:p.s. your 17302 change is in my rev17300 build

Jester's 17300 build is a marked improvement. No dropped subtitles in any of my samples, and so far I've seen none dropped in the movies which had problems. I'll report back once I've played through an entire movie or two.

Edit: One full movie completed with no subtitles dropped. I'll test another tomorrow. Cheers!
mattb Wrote:Jester's 17300 build is a marked improvement. No dropped subtitles in any of my samples, and so far I've seen none dropped in the movies which had problems. I'll report back once I've played through an entire movie or two.

Edit: One full movie completed with no subtitles dropped. I'll test another tomorrow. Cheers!

Same here, no dropped subtitles so far. Thanks AreaScout! Nod
Two more MKV/ASS movies played through with not problems noticed (though one of them I'm less familiar with). Anyway, it looks like the issue has been taken care of.

A round of beers for everyone!
I don't see any missed lines anymore, but if I skip around a mkv/ass file forwards and backwards a bit, I end up with tons of duplicated lines. Each subtitle line will be rendered on the screen 2-5x times.

This is with build 17300. I'll upload a debug log once I get home from work.
Anyone running 17300 on a secondary display?
17300 build crashes when i try to run it on my HDTV Sad

PS: I'm using ultramon to switch from display #1 to display #2

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Here is a debug log where I skipped backwards and forwards a few times in the same video file and each line of the subtitles ended up showing multiple times at once.
http://pastebin.com/m306f463

And a screenshot taken to illustrate the problem:

I've only seen this with .ass subs. .srt seems to be ok. All of this was done with build 17368.

PC Specs - WinXP SP2, ASUS P5Q-EM Motherboard, E8500 CPU, 2GB Ram, Nvidia 9400GT, onboard Realtek Sound.
mitul103 Wrote:Here is a debug log where I skipped backwards and forwards a few times in the same video file and each line of the subtitles ended up showing multiple times at once.
http://pastebin.com/m306f463

And a screenshot taken to illustrate the problem:

I've only seen this with .ass subs. .srt seems to be ok. All of this was done with build 17368.

PC Specs - WinXP SP2, ASUS P5Q-EM Motherboard, E8500 CPU, 2GB Ram, Nvidia 9400GT, onboard Realtek Sound.

This happens for me as well.
PolliSoft Wrote:This happens for me as well.

Ah good, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone before submitting a trac issue.

Me too (MKV/ASS only), though it's not as big a deal since the duplicate lines go away once playback resumes its normal speed.

Ditto. Just throwing my hat in with the rest.
mattb Wrote:Me too (MKV/ASS only), though it's not as big a deal since the duplicate lines go away once playback resumes its normal speed.

This problem usually sticks around for me. I have to stop and restart the video to fix it.
Trac issue opened: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5786

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some lines in subtitles fail to appear0