LaCie Network Space and AppleTV
Hello guys
I want to buy an external HD to use with my appleTV..
So here in Luxembourg they sell this one:LaCie Network Space (http://www.lacie.com/us/products/product.htm?pid=11089)

1)Does anybody has experience with this one? Is it compatible with xbmc? Or should it be compatible with it according to the specs? I don't understand enough of this stuff to say if it is, but if someone could take a look and just tell me if it is compatible with xbmc and appleTV...That would be very nice!

2)If I understand it right (and if this thing is compatible with appletv), I don't need to keep my iMac running in order to stream media to the appletv...The iMac can be turned off, but media would still be streaming because the HD is connected to the router(network)

Just to know if I am right or if I am mistaken...

Please...hope you can help me

Greetz from Luxembourg
jhonny30 Wrote:Hello guys
I want to buy an external HD to use with my appleTV..
So here in Luxembourg they sell this one:LaCie Network Space (http://www.lacie.com/us/products/product.htm?pid=11089)

1)Does anybody has experience with this one? Is it compatible with xbmc? Or should it be compatible with it according to the specs? I don't understand enough of this stuff to say if it is, but if someone could take a look and just tell me if it is compatible with xbmc and appleTV...That would be very nice!

Dont have it, but dont see a reason why it shouldnt work. You can attach it to the router and then access it as a SMB share from your ATV. Have a different network device, and it works perfectly.

jhonny30 Wrote:2)If I understand it right (and if this thing is compatible with appletv), I don't need to keep my iMac running in order to stream media to the appletv...The iMac can be turned off, but media would still be streaming because the HD is connected to the router(network)

This is corect.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Thank you mate!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LaCie Network Space and AppleTV0