power saving help with mce remote
I have a mce remote that is working great for xbmc using ir suite as described in these forums, however the power button on the mce remote does nothing. I would like to have it go into some sort of a power savings mode when i press this button and wake up when i press it again (it did this with media center awhile back) it should load straight into xbmc as it was before instead of the login screen.
This has already been covered in these forums. Search for MCE standby tool
Hello,

use for the power button on the remote, the keyboard key: " s ", the shutdown menu will appears and you can choose "suspend mode", that work for me.
DragonFly Wrote:This has already been covered in these forums. Search for MCE standby tool

alright i have two machiens the source machine and the htpc and ideally i would like to have them both suspend. I installed MCE standby tool and set it to go to suspend after 1 hr and wake on lan which seems fairly self explanatory.

on the htpc it is running vista business (just what i had) and so alot of the options on mce standby tool are missing. there doesnt seem to be any option to turn it off on no activity or any support for xbmc rather mce. how can i configure this machine to go to standby with xbmc running (runs all the time) and return from standby on usb ir activity (which looks to be supported). it also seems it will support autologin, i just dont know how to get it to go to suspend with xbmc up.
I let the machine run last night and it did not go into standby, how can I get MCE standby tool to recognize if XMBC is idle and go into standby?
esk1 Wrote:I have a mce remote that is working great for xbmc using ir suite as described in these forums, however the power button on the mce remote does nothing. I would like to have it go into some sort of a power savings mode when i press this button and wake up when i press it again (it did this with media center awhile back) it should load straight into xbmc as it was before instead of the login screen.
I'm in the process of running an EventGhost tutorial that will cover exactly this (among other things). With EventGhost you'll be able to use XBMC through your remote, send the HTPC to standby (S3 state) and wake it up when you press again the power button (make sure that in the BIOS you have the relevant option activated), relaunching XBMC.
Haven't tried XBMC on Vista so I can't really tell, but in most cases the wakeup events for remotes, mice, keyboard in the Windows power schemes are NOT enabled. Having Eventghost installed doesn’t change this. Eventghost may enable your power button (if configured for XBMC) but the same button doesn't do a thing on plain windows.

You'll need the MCE standby Tool only to enable these wakeup events for devices the user chooses, so the power button can work GLOBALLY. The other options which may be missing are not needed. In the settings, the user only needs to activate these devices manually (in this case the remote)

When enabled, MCE standby Tool isn't really needed anymore as the wakeup events are now set and saved. Now you can put your system to sleep and wake it up no matter what software you are running.

Using Eventghost is preferable this moment to shutdown (to S3) and reinitiate XBMC (after wake up from S3), because XBMC itself isn't reliable at this moment (garbled screens and other issues) when resuming from standby.
so bascially now i need to set ir suite to go to stanby and wakeup on my pwr toggle button on my mce remote. I should be able to do this with the attached translator software later. I'll give it a try and see what happens i did enable the usb ir remote wakeup in mce standyby tool.

i have tried event ghost but couldnt even get the mce remote to behave as i wanted for xbmc menus, it could play and pause and select but none of the advance options were there.
I got this working bye using translator to set my computer in standy with the press of the power button and using mce tool to config the states and wakeup.

There seems to be a weird glitch with XMBC when it comes out of standby I can hear the audio queues that it is working when i press a remote button but nothing happens on screen until I alt-tab out of xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
power saving help with mce remote0