XBMC+ffmpeg-mt, unofficial third-party build with multi-threaded decoding
Me again Smile

a MT build with re-activated imdb scraper would really make my weekend. No pressure, just a humble request.

You spoil us!
Just download the scrapers from SVN. No need for a whole new build for what are simply XML files.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tslayer Wrote:Just download the scrapers from SVN. No need for a whole new build for what are simply XML files.

I actually did not know that, that was possible. I will do that then. thanks Smile
Will we see a jester-ffmpeg-mt-ext release ?

Thanks.
Shadok Wrote:Will we see a jester-ffmpeg-mt-ext release ?

Thanks.

this week/weekend...
Jester Wrote:this week/weekend...

No hurry anyway, i was just asking if it was possible Smile
Thanks.
I don't know why, but for me the difference with ffmpeg-mt is astounding.

Before, I could just barely play 1080p movies and you would see skipping on straining scenes (like camera panning).

Now, perfect, on everything.

What is keeping this patch from becoming part of the main windows trunk?

P.S. I'm using Windows x64 with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5050e on a 690g chipset (1250 xpress onboard video) and 4gb of ram
rufio Wrote:What is keeping this patch from becoming part of the main windows trunk?

It will probably become part of the main XBMC code base when FFmpeg-mt is officially merged into the FFmpeg trunk. At this point, while it works well enough, it is considered "unstable" because it is under development and being refined and/or it hasn't been reviewed and tested to the extent that the FFMpeg developers require before merging something with the main code base.
Lightbulb 
rufio Wrote:I don't know why, but for me the difference with ffmpeg-mt is astounding.

Interesting... I did not see any difference at all. Maybe it only works well on specific setups?

I have E6750, 4GB RAM, Nvidia 9600GT- XP SP3

It would be nice to see it put into the XBMC main branch and just have an Advanced setting to turn it on or off... this would also allow for a better comparison of the impact on a user's system.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
as far as i know videos have to be encoded in a certain way to get any benefit from this
Well the only videos that were a problem previously were bluray .m2ts files and 1080p x264 .mkv files

P.S. I'm using Windows x64 with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5050e on a 690g chipset (1250 xpress onboard video) and 4gb of ram
For those who are interested by adding a blu-ray player to their HTPC :
http://store.fastmac.com/product_info.ph...cts_id=406
99$ - External with USB connectivity
Works with Windows (and Mac)
I would love a fresh MT build for tonights movie night. If you have the time Jester Smile
mindweaver Wrote:I would love a fresh MT build for tonights movie night. If you have the time Jester Smile

Jester made a new MT build on the 26th (rev 17640) : http://ocs.nl/xbmc/
Shadok Wrote:Jester made a new MT build on the 26th (rev 17640) : http://ocs.nl/xbmc/

Alot has happened since then. And if I'm not mistaken.. that build has broken video playback or something like that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC+ffmpeg-mt, unofficial third-party build with multi-threaded decoding0