Viewing Problem
Hi. I recently came over from VMC and am having trouble when viewing movies. I have my HP M8120N desktop hooked up to a HP PL4260N T.V. I have my resolution set at 1024x768 on Windows and in XBMC.

Before, when I played my DVD rips in Media Center it would recognize that I was using 1024x768 in 16:9 format. This was accomplished simply by choosing the aspect ratio in the VMC setup. XBMC does not have this option and thus, my videos are playing as if I was opening them using Windows Media Player directly off the hard drive.(stretched)

I tried fooling around with "Stretch to 16:9" in the Video Options but this seems to only zoom/stretch. In VMC, it would play the 1:33 content which filled the screen and the "super widescreen"(forget the ratio) in letter box.

Any help getting this setup would be greatly appreciated. I am loving the look of all the awesome XBMC skins, but wish the actual video viewing was on par with VMC. Thanks so much guys!
Settings > Video > Player > Video calibration...

First you'll set the top right overscan, then the bottom right overscan, then subtitle position and finally Pixel Aspect Ratio which you'll obviously need to set to 1.33.

Also, if you use MediaStream as your skin you'll want to delete the PAL folder so it defaults to the 720p one.
Awesome! Thanks ill give it a try.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Viewing Problem0