XBMC Crashes when switching visualizations.
I am not sure if this issue is skin related or not, but when I select different visualizations during music playback, it *sometimes* results in XMBC crashing.

Any ideas?

XMBC 8.10 Atlantis
Skin: Media Stream 1.0
Windows XP SP2
Nvidia Geforce 8400GS
Athlon 64 3200
I have the same issues and just deal with it for now. But if you care more than I do post a debug log.
same thing happening here.

have

pm3.hd
pm3.hd-tv
basic-vision
media stream

skins installed.

TC Huh
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
As its noticed in know_issues.txt (even in stable atlantis 8.1) visualisation isnt at stable level and can crash XBMC
The latest builds are very much improved.
I also had problems on the stable release when messing with the vis...Ive not been able to crash xbmc for the past few weeks.

Andy
Well, I took a look through xbmc.log and there really isn't anything relating to the crash in it. Though, I have narrowed it down to it crashing only if I try and select the "advanced properties" of a visualization.

I did not know that it was a known issue - but for me personally it really isn't that big of a deal, just thought I'd bring it up in case I could help.
andye26 Wrote:The latest builds are very much improved.
I also had problems on the stable release when messing with the vis...Ive not been able to crash xbmc for the past few weeks.

Andy

I hear people keep talking of the latest builds from the svn or something, what does that stand for and where and how can i get these latest builds, thanx.

TC
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4465
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
For latest builds goto this thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35452&page=12

Please note thes are unsupported builds

Andy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Crashes when switching visualizations.0