Jitter 3 or 4 times per video..??
Rainbow 
Hi guys,

Whenever I watch a movie or tv ep (xvid / divx), occassionally (every video) will experience a video freeze, the audio will keep going for a few seconds, then the video will fast forward to get in time with the audio...?? Any ideas on what could be causing this? I'm running the files from a local hard disk.

CPU: Intel P4 340
Ram: 2G DDr2
Vid card: Gefore 7800GTX
Remote: Snapstream firefly
Apps: XBMC & Girder

Thanks.

...DJVege...
debug log?
Rainbow 
Hi althekiller,

I'm still very much a n00b to xbmc. Is the debug log always on? i.e. Can I just upload it from some location on my pc (probably xbmc folder)? Or do I need to turn debugging on?

Cheers.

...DJVege...
Reading the stickied posts might help.
Did you notice disk activity when the video froze. I had this problem with Vista, and found that stopping Windows such as Superfetch and Windows Search and indexing has improved it greatly.
Rainbow 
Ok. Apologies. Stickies read.

Log has been uploaded here: http://pastebin.com/m61595b6

I think it might be something to do with these 2 lines..??

15:06:22 T:2776 M:1384247296 WARNING: CDVDPlayer::CheckContinuity - stream wrapback detected (2)
15:06:22 T:2776 M:1384243200 WARNING: CDVDPlayer::CheckContinuity - resyncing due to stream wrapback (2)

Hope that helps.

RDHoworth, no disk activity. Cheers for the suggestion.

XBMC ver: 8.10

...DJVege...
Just happened again, so I stopped the video and thought I'd post the whole log.

I kept watch on the HDD and processor...no spike whatsoever...??

http://pastebin.com/m218f8f8f

Cheers for your time with this issue.

...DJVege...
Question 
Here's an image of the weirdness in perfmon. For some reason, it's unable to capture during the "movie pause / system pause".

I also experience this although i put it down to upscaling. I am beginning to think it is not upsacaling. Since it happens at random times I will try and capture a log.
Hi guys,

I believe the problem is Girder. When I have Girder running (so I can use my firefly remote), the system "pauses/glitches/stutters/jitters" occur fairly frequently during movies in both XBMC and WMP 11. I tried watching a video in both WMP and XBMC without girder running last night and I got through both videos without a hiccup.

So off to the promixis forums. Will write back here what I find out.

Cheers.

...DJVege...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jitter 3 or 4 times per video..??0