Offline mode on sources
Was thinkin, is an offline mode a good idea for xbmc ?
I have a laptop and a small ION based computer running
XBMC - all media is located on a central server hosting all media.

Would be kinda cool to be able to sync or make some of that content available
"offline"- Either you could select a single movie - tv show or album or
a complete source or whatever. If you select the option "Make available offline" XBMC copies the selected files to local disk - and when you play that content is plays locally not from remote share.

From time to time i bring my laptop or ION box with me to a party or to friends just to hang out - being able to make some content available offline in an easy method would be cool Wink

I know this can be achieved by doing some manual stuff but to have XBMC doing it auto magically would def be something i would use - then again maybe it's just me who would believe this to be useful ?
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
Yes, I actually suggested that as an alterntive to a huge buffert in another thread.
Maybe possible to do in an add-on but would be nice if it was done from the library and put in a queue.
I'd like to do the same as you but with the option to pass the file through something like handbrake to convert it to an "offline friendly" format if it doesn't meet certain criteria.

There's another thread close to this one asking for something similar, being able to push to a upnp receiver.

I think there's some interest in being able to do more with the media management functions of XBMC and hopefully someone with more skills than me can figure out how to implement a good solution.
+1
This absolutely seems the proper way that Kodi should go. Make a single system source available on any of your devices and add an "offline mode" for these.
I doubt that anyone of the Kodi devs will be looking in such an old thread, but if anyone out there have any leads on an add-on or more active thread with more information I'd appreciate it!

Also, for those whi have already written in the thread, how did you go about solving this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Offline mode on sources0